hornet777

Update Problem (sort of)

Hey Mr S.; hope all is well.

Today I had a problem with updating that I caused myself with my own 'puter; being on a dial-up, the connection was bad so I had to disconnect mid-way through the update process. Amazingly though, the trace and core versions increased even though the archives only partially transferred (and did not unpack). Upon reconnection, the programme refused to update, insisting it had the latest defs. I tried deleting the bad archive, and retrying update, but no go.

So, two questions, I suppose:

1) is this a bug? if so, this is partly a bug report; if not, please explain?

2) do I correctly assume that i can just manually unpack the sigs to both

%windir%\Application Data\SAS\SAS as well as the programme install dir (or is just the first ok)? or something else (please indicate). 98SE here.

2a) should ths happen again, could you suggest an alternative course of action?

I manually transferred the archives (per the sticky) already.

TIA, and all the best!

Hey Mr S.; hope all is well.

Today I had a problem with updating that I caused myself with my own 'puter; being on a dial-up, the connection was bad so I had to disconnect mid-way through the update process. Amazingly though, the trace and core versions increased even though the archives only partially transferred (and did not unpack). Upon reconnection, the programme refused to update, insisting it had the latest defs. I tried deleting the bad archive, and retrying update, but no go.

So, two questions, I suppose:

1) is this a bug? if so, this is partly a bug report; if not, please explain?

2) do I correctly assume that i can just manually unpack the sigs to both

%windir%\Application Data\SAS\SAS as well as the programme install dir (or is just the first ok)? or something else (please indicate). 98SE here.

2a) should ths happen again, could you suggest an alternative course of action?

I manually transferred the archives (per the sticky) already.

TIA, and all the best!

We have some new fault-tolerant downloading abilities in our next version so this type of situation can't happen. If you did the manual download and copied the files, you should be all set.