Anthony A

I have 4.0.1154 but am getting a new update notification.

I have SAS 4.0.1154 but everytime I launch it I am getting notified that an update to the program is available. I have my options set to notify me of new program updates (not definition updates) but I see that there is no new update listed here.

i just got that too. It was an update to the problem with the uninstaller part of the program, But nick you said it was going to be in 4.1. When this updated i still have version 4.0.1154. Why?

robin

i just got that too. It was an update to the problem with the uninstaller part of the program, But nick you said it was going to be in 4.1. When this updated i still have version 4.0.1154. Why?

robin

We've just added the installer updater, the main version has not changed.

I got it this morning too - many thanks, folks, for the fast response to the uninstall issue.

robin

We've just added the installer updater, the main version has not changed.

So does that mean I should now update my 3.9 to 4.0.1154 using the updater in the program and this is now 100% safe and problem-free? Meaning, if I did this, and then uninstalled for any reason, I would not have the uninstall BSOD issue that has been reported prior when upgrading from 3.9 to 4.0.1154 then uninstalling?

And if that's true, then there is no reason to uninstall 3.9 first then install 4.0.1154 from scratch any longer? (That's how I was originally instructed to do it, but then decided to wait for 4.1 and upgrade to that within the program -- but since we don't know how long it will be until that release, I thought I'd check on this...)

I hope my question makes sense! :)

Thanks!

If you update to the new version, there is an additional update once the program is installed that fixes the uninstaller.

If you do not want to do it this way then just wait for 4.1 to come out, it has the fix built right into it.

robin

If you update to the new version, there is an additional update once the program is installed that fixes the uninstaller.

If you do not want to do it this way then just wait for 4.1 to come out, it has the fix built right into it.

Ah, gotcha! Okay, I'm back to waiting for 4.1... :)

Thanks!

So does that mean ... this is now 100% safe and problem-free?

I can't imagine any (sane) software producer would be willing to guarantee that ...

I can't imagine any (sane) software producer would be willing to guarantee that ...

Well, sure... :) I was just really talking about in regards to the whole updater/BSOD issue.

Eagerly awaiting 4.1! :)

Well, sure... :) I was just really talking about in regards to the whole updater/BSOD issue.

Eagerly awaiting 4.1! :)

The updater issue has been resolved, so there is no uninstall or any issue with the current 4.0 - just do the autoupates.

The updater issue has been resolved, so there is no uninstall or any issue with the current 4.0 - just do the autoupates.

So when updating from 3.9, you don't have to update twice within the program like robinb9 described? Just the one time auto update?

So when updating from 3.9, you don't have to update twice within the program like robinb9 described? Just the one time auto update?

I believe that's what I just stated above - just do the updates. :)

Well, I believe the developer, of course... But I'm pretty sure the other person was correct too, in that at one point, those who had updated from 3.9 to 4.0.1154 with the auto updater got a second update seemingly to the same version of 4.0.1154 they already had, but it was actually just an update being made to the installer. (And the developer confirmed this on this thread, I believe...) However, it now sounds like (according to Nick) when updating from 3.9 to 4.0.1154 using the auto updater, it will only be one update, which will *include* the fix for the installer (so no double-update required).

So not a question of believing one person over the other, I just don't think the first person was aware of the "fix" to the auto update to 4.0.1154 from 3.9 that made it so you don't have to do it twice (like that person and others who posted here had to do).

Know what I mean...? :) (And if I've got that wrong in any way, someone please let me know!)

(Confused yet? You will be... On the next episode of... Soap!) :)

No "micro-management" from me. :) Suggest waiting for official release to avoid confusion ; :? no, No release date, just when ready :wink:

Okay, I bit the bullet, set a restore point, and update from 3.9 to 4.0.1154 with the auto updater. I could see that there were a variety of program updates listed (including the fix/update to the installer). It seems to have updated a-okay!

One thing, once I updated, it said I hadn't checked for updates in over 14 days (although I just updated the definitions this morning), and when I clicked it to let it check for definition updates, of course, there were none (because I had just did them when it was still 3.9 this morning). Is that normal for that to have happened?

(I'm guessing it's because it "became" 4.0, so it didn't recognize when I had last checked for definition updates, although it retained the actual definition updates themselves. Is that correct?)

Thanks! :)

Okay, I bit the bullet, set a restore point, and update from 3.9 to 4.0.1154 with the auto updater. I could see that there were a variety of program updates listed (including the fix/update to the installer). It seems to have updated a-okay!

One thing, once I updated, it said I hadn't checked for updates in over 14 days (although I just updated the definitions this morning), and when I clicked it to let it check for definition updates, of course, there were none (because I had just did them when it was still 3.9 this morning). Is that normal for that to have happened?

(I'm guessing it's because it "became" 4.0, so it didn't recognize when I had last checked for definition updates, although it retained the actual definition updates themselves. Is that correct?)

Thanks! :)

Yes, all is normal.

Great! I'm all set. Thanks! :)

Hoorah, and well done! Now you can enjoy those incredibly fast scans that we've all been so impressed by!

Working a-okay!

Excellent.

It's so much fun watching it scan at the new double speed, that it's tempting to do it twice .....