poutnik

SAS 4.0.1154 as false positive by comodo 2.4 FW ( w2ksp4 )

Just recently I have abandoned my loved Kerio Personal firewall 2.1.5 and tried on w2k comodo pro 2.4. When I have launched SAS free to make quick scan as background task, comodo soon realized something strange :

sasspyic6.th.png

SAS is modifying processes in momory. this time maxthon.exe like my favorite browser frontend. Next time explorer.exe and services.exe.

This seems to me very suspicious.

Just recently I have abandoned my loved Kerio Personal firewall 2.1.5 and tried on w2k comodo pro 2.4. When I have launched SAS free to make quick scan as background task, comodo soon realized something strange :

sasspyic6.th.png

SAS is modifying processes in momory. this time maxthon.exe like my favorite browser frontend. Next time explorer.exe and services.exe.

SUPERAntiSpyware does not modify programs in memory, we read the memory to scan the process - Comodo is incorrectly notifying you.

Well, but could not it be just unintentional bug ?

I just tried Ad-aware 2007 scan, that scans processes too,

and no such report from comodo about Ad-aware.

Well, but could not it be just unintentional bug ?

I just tried Ad-aware 2007 scan, that scans processes too,

and no such report from comodo about Ad-aware.

Yes, it could be a bug in Comodo.

sasspyic6.th.png

Edit - should be : except of maxthon, it was detected also explorer.exe and services.exe and aawservices.exe

every single piece of SW contains bugs unless it is useless one.

I am not sure what your point is here - you raised a question, we let you know that Comodo is incorrectly detecting/warning about SUPERAntiSpyware - there is not much more we can do - have you contacted Comodo?

Yes, I have contacted them.

I posted last general accepted truth about software,

because you seemed to me denying any idea

a bug can be present in SAS, even if it is fresh product.

A bug can be on both sides, generally.

That took my attention more, that comodo report.

I am sorry, if it was false feelings...

Link to my thread in comodo forum