Anthony A

What folders does SAS install?

Obviously there is the main installation folder in c:/program Files/Superantispyware

but I just noticed a 7MB folder as well in c:/Documents and Settings/User Name/Application Data/ Superantispyware.com/Superantispyware

It looks like it contains the excludes list and a list of processes. There are also a couple zip files in there.

What is this folder for?

Is there any more I am missing or just the 2 I mentioned. Thank You

Obviously there is the main installation folder in c:/program Files/Superantispyware

but I just noticed a 7MB folder as well in c:/Documents and Settings/User Name/Application Data/ Superantispyware.com/Superantispyware

It looks like it contains the excludes list and a list of processes. There are also a couple zip files in there.

What is this folder for?

Is there any more I am missing or just the 2 I mentioned. Thank You

The application data folder contains the spyware definitions, exclude lists and trusted applications lists. There are no other folders besides the Program Files and Application Data folders.

Correct me if I'm wrong,

On on a PC with various user accounts the definition updates have to take place various times as thy are located in the:

C:/Documents and Settings/User Name/Application Data/ Superantispyware.com/Superantispyware folder.

Would'nt it be more convenient to store the defs in:

c:/program Files/Superantispyware folder?

I noticed there is a processlist.db and a processlistrelated.db in this folder also. Seems they are used on install only as they are outdated.

Correct me if I'm wrong,

On on a PC with various user accounts the definition updates have to take place various times as thy are located in the:

C:/Documents and Settings/User Name/Application Data/ Superantispyware.com/Superantispyware folder.

Would'nt it be more convenient to store the defs in:

c:/program Files/Superantispyware folder?

I noticed there is a processlist.db and a processlistrelated.db in this folder also. Seems they are used on install only as they are outdated.

Often times under a limited user account applications do not have write permission to the Program Files \application folder, so we store them under Application Data. Microsoft specifications also indicate that all data files should be stored in the application data folder.