Sign in to follow this  
rlprlp

SAS scanning when it is not supposed to

Hello. I have an HP Pavilion Desktop PC with Windows XP Home SP2. I have been using SAS pro for many months with no problems at all, until now.

I have my scheduled scans set to run early Saturday mornings, about 10-15 minutes after my AV program finishes its scan. The scan starts at 2:40 a.m., and is done well before I wake up on Saturday morning.

This last Saturday, my AV program ran its scan as scheduled, but SAS did not. This is the first time that this has ever happened. So, I really didn't think too much of it, and ran the scan manually. All clean.

However, now, every morning when I wake my PC, SAS starts running a scan, and I have to manually cancel it.

The "trick" that I use to bring my PC out of hibernation on early Saturday mornings so that the scans will run is to use the Windows scheduled tasks feature to open the calculator program 5 minutes before the scans are to start. This has worked perfectly for a very long time. And it worked this last Saturday, too, because as I mentioned previously, my AV program ran its scan as it was supposed to.

So, my question (probably obvious by now), is how do I get SAS to stop starting to run a scan automatically every morning when I wake my PC?

Thank you to all who take the time to reply.

EDIT 3/5/08: Disregard.