Anti-Spymaster

Some preliminary q's before installing free version, Thanks!

Yep, that's it! I used the option to see what was downloaded, and one file is larger and the other small. Cool.

And yet another question... :)

I have two logons (both admin), and when I installed SAS 3.9 on my laptop, the program was available for both logons (as you'd expect). However, when I logged into the second logon and ran the program, I had to download the definition updates again. So it seems you have to update the program separately for each logon every time. Is that really the case? And if so, why?

Usually, like for AVG A/V (for example), if I update the definitions on my logon, the program is updated across the board (so the other logon doesn't have to do the same definition update). Does SAS not work that way?

Thanks again for fielding my questions! I really appreciate it!

Yep, that's it! I used the option to see what was downloaded, and one file is larger and the other small. Cool.

And yet another question... :)

I have two logons (both admin), and when I installed SAS 3.9 on my laptop, the program was available for both logons (as you'd expect). However, when I logged into the second logon and ran the program, I had to download the definition updates again. So it seems you have to update the program separately for each logon every time. Is that really the case? And if so, why?

Usually, like for AVG A/V (for example), if I update the definitions on my logon, the program is updated across the board (so the other logon doesn't have to do the same definition update). Does SAS not work that way?

Thanks again for fielding my questions! I really appreciate it!

That's currently the way it is, that will be changed in a future version.

Ah, good to know.

So does that mean I have to actually scan the computer twice each time, once logged in to each logon? Or does the scan from one logon scan EVERYTHING in the computer, including files in the other logon?

Thanks!

Ah, good to know.

So does that mean I have to actually scan the computer twice each time, once logged in to each logon? Or does the scan from one logon scan EVERYTHING in the computer, including files in the other logon?

Thanks!

Everything is scanned from a single logon as far as files go, which are the "heart" of any infection.