gerardwil

A trick to decrease update size

My guess is that there are lots of user who don't use 7zip so that might be asking for trouble and a lot of postings here. :?

Personally it is no trouble for me.

Cheers,

Gerard

My guess is that there are lots of user who don't use 7zip so that might be asking for trouble and a lot of postings here. :?

Personally it is no trouble for me.

Cheers,

Gerard

7zip files can be extracted by winrar.

You only need the actual 7zip program to create 7zip files.

Thank you for the suggestion - we only use in-house technology as we have no control of open source technology.

Why you don't have control over open source technology.....? :?

At least please switch to a newer version of Zip technology, extraction of files compressed with newer version of Zip is supported by Windows XP.

We have noted your suggestion. Thank you.

One last question please......don't get me wrong, but where do you note all the suggestion....in a A4 size paper-file or something?

All suggestions are kept in our database for possible inclusion in future versions.

One last question please......don't get me wrong, but where do you note all the suggestion....in a A4 size paper-file or something?

You think? Can you really imagine the SAS team writing suggestions on a A4 paper? :wink:

I think SAS labs should do something about the Updates. Either they should provide increment updates or they should do something about the compression techniques.

At least they can compress it in zip format...with higher level of compression.

Thank you for your suggestion. I am locking this thread as you keep suggesting the same things over and over - we have noted your suggestion!