tuctaxi

Scanning options

Γεια σου Νίκο! :lol: I hope you can speak Greek Nick!

I accinentally ran on on a topic, about four months ago, at a Greek forum where people were writing about a new antispyware... Now I am using this great software but i still cannot fully understand what is going on with the scanner options and the scanning mode. I can understand that complete scanning should be more thorough than the quick scanning, but what does this have to do with the scanning control optons? Are these settings applied in both modes? And if so, then what exactly makes complete scan more thorough?

Γεια σου Νίκο! :lol: I hope you can speak Greek Nick!

I accinentally ran on on a topic, about four months ago, at a Greek forum where people were writing about a new antispyware... Now I am using this great software but i still cannot fully understand what is going on with the scanner options and the scanning mode. I can understand that complete scanning should be more thorough than the quick scanning, but what does this have to do with the scanning control optons? Are these settings applied in both modes? And if so, then what exactly makes complete scan more thorough?

Thank you :) The scanning options apply globally to both the Quick and Complete scans - the defaults settings are the best options for effecient scanning and detection.

OK. The scanning options apply globally. I still cannot understand then what makes the difference between quick and complete scanning. I mean that if I can modify some options and define globally how the scanning engine treats some files, then in which way complete and quick scanning can "behave" differently :?:

OK. The scanning options apply globally. I still cannot understand then what makes the difference between quick and complete scanning. I mean that if I can modify some options and define globally how the scanning engine treats some files, then in which way complete and quick scanning can "behave" differently :?:

The quick scan does not scan as many registry keys and file locations as the complete scan. The complete scan will often find more "dormant/non-active" spyware that may not actually be running. The Quick Scan is designed to find items running, in startup and in common locations and will typically root out most infections.

OK I see... Now I have one last question. I have modified some options so that every location and every file will be scanned (I have unchecked every "ignore" and "scan only" option and I have checked every "scan for" option). Please do not ask why I have done this, perhaps I am just crazy :lol: . Anyway, in this case I can expect everything to be scanned If I choose to perform a complete scan of course. If I choose to perform a quick scan, what kind of items, apart from some registry locations, (files, archives, locations etc...) will be excluded?

OK I see... Now I have one last question. I have modified some options so that every location and every file will be scanned (I have unchecked every "ignore" and "scan only" option and I have checked every "scan for" option). Please do not ask why I have done this, perhaps I am just crazy :lol: . Anyway, in this case I can expect everything to be scanned If I choose to perform a complete scan of course. If I choose to perform a quick scan, what kind of items, apart from some registry locations, (files, archives, locations etc...) will be excluded?

Basically just some folders for service packs, and a couple of other folders under Windows will be ignored on the Quick Scan. Not typical spyware locations.

Yes... Also I have noticed that when I scan C Volume (where windows are installed) quick mode is almost four times quicker than the complete, but when I scan other volumes I can hardly notice any difference. I think that what you wrote before explains everything. :D

Thank you for your time and

KEEP WALKING!!! :lol::lol::lol: