Threedog

Superantispyware Alone

I am thinking of ditching my antivirus and Prevx and just running SAS Pro on my main computer when the new version comes out. I dont do any adventourous surfing on this one and have never run into anything but tracking cookies. Do you think this would be all I need?

The best antivirus is your brain IMO. I don't use any antivirus and I was never infected in 2 years. As precaution I regularly backup every week and that's all. So my answer to your question can be positive.

I do not recommend that you ditch your other security programs. There are hundreds of thousands of malicious elements out there. There are many, many ways you can become infected- many very crafty and many just plain old "user stupidity, lack of attention, or lack of knowledge".

A simple example is- how do you know that an e-mail from your best friend or closest relative is not infected? SAS does not scan incoming or outgoing e-mails. Trusted websites can and do routinely get hacked.

Relying totally on one security program is risky, irrespective of the reputation or capabilities of the security program. The multi-billion dollar criminal industry/business on the Internet is working as diligently/rapidly to infect your computer as the computer security gurus are working to protect your computer.

If there was one program out there that protects all computer 100% of the the time, wouldn't it seem rational that computer users would flock to that program en mass?

JMO :)