Threedog

Superantispyware Alone

I am thinking of ditching my antivirus and Prevx and just running SAS Pro on my main computer when the new version comes out. I dont do any adventourous surfing on this one and have never run into anything but tracking cookies. Do you think this would be all I need?

The best antivirus is your brain IMO. I don't use any antivirus and I was never infected in 2 years. As precaution I regularly backup every week and that's all. So my answer to your question can be positive.

Even legitimate websites serve up malware all of the time, so your best bet is to switch to a limited user account w/ an SRP or implement a HIPS into your arsenal.

I do not recommend that you ditch your other security programs. There are hundreds of thousands of malicious elements out there. There are many, many ways you can become infected- many very crafty and many just plain old "user stupidity, lack of attention, or lack of knowledge".

A simple example is- how do you know that an e-mail from your best friend or closest relative is not infected? SAS does not scan incoming or outgoing e-mails. Trusted websites can and do routinely get hacked.

Relying totally on one security program is risky, irrespective of the reputation or capabilities of the security program. The multi-billion dollar criminal industry/business on the Internet is working as diligently/rapidly to infect your computer as the computer security gurus are working to protect your computer.

If there was one program out there that protects all computer 100% of the the time, wouldn't it seem rational that computer users would flock to that program en mass?

JMO :)

^^^^ As siliconman01 said above! No single product, SAS or otherwise can catch everything on a given day. Multiple layers of defense is always the best option!

Presuming you have average or better oral hygeine --would you use only toothpaste without using a mouthwash/anti-cavity rinse? :?: