MM

TURNING OFF BOOT SAFE

I have successfully used this product and removed the offending spyware from my computer.. but now I can not get it to start up normally. I turned on the boot safe part of the program so that I could use it properly and now I can not turn it off. When I try it tells me that I can not do that in safe mode. I have tried to change it at start up to normal.. I have even changed it to safe mode with administrative features, but when I try to turn off the boot safe portion of the program, I get the same message that I can not do this.

Can someone PLEASE help me???

M

I have successfully used this product and removed the offending spyware from my computer.. but now I can not get it to start up normally. I turned on the boot safe part of the program so that I could use it properly and now I can not turn it off. When I try it tells me that I can not do that in safe mode. I have tried to change it at start up to normal.. I have even changed it to safe mode with administrative features, but when I try to turn off the boot safe portion of the program, I get the same message that I can not do this.

M

Download BootSafe 2.0 here:

http://www.superadblocker.com/bootsafe.html

Save it to your desktop, run it and select Normal Mode and click reboot. BootSafe 2.0 will be included in SAS 4.0.

M

Save it to your desktop, run it and select Normal Mode and click reboot. BootSafe 2.0 will be included in SAS 4.0.

Get rid of BootSafe. It's a good idea in theory, but a PITA in the real world.

M

BootSafe actually serves a great purpose and has several hundred thousand individual downloads ouside of SUPERAntiSpyware - version 1.x did not automatically put the computer back in "Boot to Normal" mode, and people didn't realize that you had to run it again to get back to Normal Mode - Version 2.x automatically puts people back in Normal Mode on the next reboot, so they can't get "stuck", which was the only problem people had with BootSafe.

The Windows Installer link is also changed to a regular shortcut in SAS 4.x so that if you run the link in Safe Mode, it will not require the Windows Installer service to run.

BootSafe is here to stay :)

M

BootSafe actually serves a great purpose and has several hundred thousand individual downloads ouside of SUPERAntiSpyware - version 1.x did not automatically put the computer back in "Boot to Normal" mode, and people didn't realize that you had to run it again to get back to Normal Mode - Version 2.x automatically puts people back in Normal Mode on the next reboot, so they can't get "stuck", which was the only problem people had with BootSafe.

My point exactly. Glad that's cleared up.

Thanks Nick.