JRosenfeld

FP?? C:\WINDOWS\system32\VISTAULTM.DLL

build 1136. on XP SP2 all updates.

C:\Windows\system32\Vistaultm.dll flagged as Trojan.Unclassified/Packed-Win.Process

I could not find any information on vistaultm.dll on Google. Its properties do not have any information on where it comes from (not a Windows file). It seems to have got onto my system on 4 August 2008.

Is this a real trojan? (if so, it's the first one ever to have invaded my PC).

I can send you the file if you wish.

build 1136. on XP SP2 all updates.

C:\Windows\system32\Vistaultm.dll flagged as Trojan.Unclassified/Packed-Win.Process

I could not find any information on vistaultm.dll on Google. Its properties do not have any information on where it comes from (not a Windows file). It seems to have got onto my system on 4 August 2008.

Is this a real trojan? (if so, it's the first one ever to have invaded my PC).

I can send you the file if you wish.

Please send the file to samples AT superantispyware.com

Sentyou the file.

No longer flagged with latest update of definitions, core 3401, trace 1393, so I take it you found the file was OK (even though I do not know what uses it or when: I did not observe any malfunctions while it was in quarantine).

Many thanks

Good morning. In my case, VistaUltm.dll was added by SUPER (Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer). When I got the positive detection I submitted the file to SAS via the program. SUPER adamantly maintains it is virus/spyware free. As you say, it is no longer detected.