Sign in to follow this  
jmschwartz

New SAS Pro x2 Lifetime User

Hello Everyone,

I've decided that after using many AV programs over many years that I would try a different approach: NAT/w SP Firewall built into router (WPA2 for wireless connections) + skill of ISP to filter viruses coming through emails + SAS Pro to take care of all the rest of the nasties coming through web pages and through emails.

Let's see how this works out. I'm cautiously optimistic :)

Regards,

Jim

Well running a backup of your data at least once a week would also be a wise move.

Backing up the system state daily or at least weekly with NTBACKUP would also be prudent (IMHO) then even if something did get through you could run a restore with the last saved backup and it would revert the computer pretty much back to the way it was when it was backed up.

Good luck.

Well running a backup of your data at least once a week would also be a wise move.

Backing up the system state daily or at least weekly with NTBACKUP would also be prudent (IMHO) then even if something did get through you could run a restore with the last saved backup and it would revert the computer pretty much back to the way it was when it was backed up.

Good luck.

Hi AdvancedSetup,

Yes, you're right. I forgot to mention I do daily image backups using Acronis TrueImage 11 as well as incremental daily backups with Vista Ultimate's built-in facility.

Thanks again for the heads-up!

Regards,

Jim

Good luck.

Hi AdvancedSetup,

Yes, you're right. I forgot to mention I do daily image backups using Acronis TrueImage 11 as well as incremental daily backups with Vista Ultimate's built-in facility.

Thanks again for the heads-up!

Regards,

Jim

Jim,

While it is prudent that you back up regularly, unless you restore periodically, you can not be certain that any image will restore as expected. Just don't forget this fact. :wink:

Just a friendly reminder.

Jim,

While it is prudent that you back up regularly, unless you restore periodically, you can not be certain that any image will restore as expected. Just don't forget this fact. :wink:

Just a friendly reminder.

Hello munckman,

Boy do you know it! I've been experiencing computer capriciousness since 1970, so I know exactly to what you refer. :)

About the only thing I do daily is to go into TrueImage and make sure everything shows "green" instead of red. I suppose I could activate my RAID drives, too, but on my Dell XPS 410 RAID has proven to be problematic for me, even with a new motherboard (replaced by Dell under warranty).

Nevertheless, I appreciate your thoughtful reminder. Thanks again!

Regards,

Jim