jimw320

IE problems after quarantine

I just downloaded SuperAntiSpyware two days ago and ran a scan and cleaned my machine. It did a great job getting rid of the problem Malware but immediately afterwards, I was no longer able to log out of yahoo mail. I let it go because that's not a big issue, but I have seen a few more issues popup with Internet Explorer. For example, along with being unable to sign out of Yahoo mail I cannot sign out of my online banking site. Also, my wife is also having problems editing her Blog. (I haven't seen the problem she's having yet, so I can't give any more detail until she shows me.)

In general, however, has anyone else experienced a problem where some links on a page just don't seem to respond?

I'll try to get some more concrete information as I narrow down what does and doesn't work, but any suggestions would be appreciated until then.

If this is on Windows XP and you have IE7 you should be able to go to

Tools, Internet Options, then click on the Advanced tab, then near the bottom you should have a button to RESET Internet Explorer to most of the default settings.

Then restart the computer and give it a try.

I am using Windows XP and IE 6. I restored defaults from the Advanced Tab of Internet Options and restarted my PC. No luck.

Try going into your COOKIES folder and manually deleting all the cookies.

C:\Documents and Settings\{your profile}\Cookies

You may have to set the folder to allow you to view hidden files and folders.

You should also update to IE7 if you're on XP. It is a much more secure version then IE6 it also has tabbed browsing which is very nice once you get used to it. There are also quite a bit of nice little features added to IE7 that IE6 is missing. IE7 also works much better at blocking ActiveX downloads.

You should also update to IE7 if your on XP. It is a much more secure version then IE6 it also has tabbed browsing which is very nice once you get used to it. There are also quite a bit of nice little features added to IE7 that IE6 is missing. IE7 also works much better at blocking ActiveX downloads.

While updating to IE7 is sound advice I'd highly recommend switching over to Firefox. :wink: You may also want to run CCleaner to see if it fixes your issue(s).

Firefox is a nice browser but now that it is starting to become so popular it has started to become a target for attack as well. If you do use it you need to keep it up to date as well.

As for CCleaner, yes overall an excellent product as well, except that I would disable the other features such as Registry and Program as (IMHO) it is more dangerous and prone to causing problems then it fixes.

For cleaning the Temps and the Application history it works quite well.

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool