JohnBurns

Possible False Positive

A little background first - I had a problem yesterday with Lavasoft Adaware - their incorrect definitions gave false positives on Win32.Trojan.Downloader. However, they corrected that and today I downloaded new definintions and ran LavasoftAdaware again, with no spyware found. Subsequently, I ran SuperAntiSpyware and it found 6000+ traces of Trojan.Downloader.Comcast-Variant, before crashing without completing scan. Being somewhat surprised, I went to SafeMode and ran ewido, which found nothing (as Lavasoft Adaware had done). Subsequently, I have run Spybot S&D, Windows Defender, AVG AntiVirus, all which have found nothing on my pc. Then I tried SuperAntiSpyware again and it started zooming in on Trojan.Downloader.Comcast-Variant again. This time I stopped it since it crashed before after about 30+ minutes of scanning. Is there a problem with the latest definitions that anyone knows about? I find it strange that it is finding trojan when none of the other programs do. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

A little background first - I had a problem yesterday with Lavasoft Adaware - their incorrect definitions gave false positives on Win32.Trojan.Downloader. However, they corrected that and today I downloaded new definintions and ran LavasoftAdaware again, with no spyware found. Subsequently, I ran SuperAntiSpyware and it found 6000+ traces of Trojan.Downloader.Comcast-Variant, before crashing without completing scan. Being somewhat surprised, I went to SafeMode and ran ewido, which found nothing (as Lavasoft Adaware had done). Subsequently, I have run Spybot S&D, Windows Defender, AVG AntiVirus, all which have found nothing on my pc. Then I tried SuperAntiSpyware again and it started zooming in on Trojan.Downloader.Comcast-Variant again. This time I stopped it since it crashed before after about 30+ minutes of scanning. Is there a problem with the latest definitions that anyone knows about? I find it strange that it is finding trojan when none of the other programs do. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Hello - which version of our software are you running? Can you check to make sure you have the latest definitions (Core 3082) as of today and see if the problem occurs?

I just checked and it showed version 3081. I had downloaded updates twice before today. Just now I tried again and it changed to 3082. Will try that thatnks for your response. Just curious - was there a problem with 3081?

I just checked and it showed version 3081. I had downloaded updates twice before today. Just now I tried again and it changed to 3082. Will try that thatnks for your response. Just curious - was there a problem with 3081?

We don't have reported problems with 3081 - I wanted to see if the problem still occured with the current definition set so I would know where to start "looking" if the problem still exists.

Which version of our software are you runnig?

Thanks for your response - I just ran a new scan of my pc with Core 3082 update and there is NOTHING to report. Evidently 3081 and my pc didn't get along well together. :? Thanks again.