SUPERAntiSpyware 4.0 memory usage.

Congratulations. This version uses less resources. It only uses 304K according to the Task Manager and this is with Realtime monitoring on. With 3.9, it used to be 35 245K with Realtime monitoring off. A great improvement indeed.

SUPERmem.jpg

Thank you. :D

Congratulations. This version uses less resources. It only uses 304K according to the Task Manager and this is with Realtime monitoring on. With 3.9, it used to be 35 245K with Realtime monitoring off. A great improvement indeed.

SUPERmem.jpg

Thank you. :D

You are more than welcome, thank you for testing and the compliments!

I'm surprised that Nick didn't mention task manager fails to report kernel level memory usage. Even when task manager showed SAS using 35-80MB of memory it didn't slow your system down one bit. Since there were so many people complaining about the memory usage, as well as the cpu usage spiking from 0-6%, it only made sense for those issues to fixed in version 4.0. :)

Nick's comment on the memory usage: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost ... stcount=24

Kudos to Nick and the team for a job well done. :D

I never found 3.9 a drag to begin with. Sheesh, I dont know why people get so wound up over how much memory something uses. That's what those little sticks are for...to use.

Excellent ! Looking forward to the final release. :D

I was going to comment on this in another thread but then saw this one.

I too am only seeing around 300 odd K in the task manager and thats with real-time protection on. At first I thought it couldn't be right and wondered if the real-time was actually on, so I watched the little spikes in CPU usage against SAS in the task manager as I worked around the PC for a bit, so yes I guessed SAS was following me and watching my every move.

My complete scan time has also greatly reduced.

These things where never an issue to me with 3.9, or an other version before that, as SAS has never caused any system lags for me. But these reductions are quite drastic so I thought it was worth mentioning.

I'd love to know what diet Nick put SAS on, I fancy trying it! :lol::lol:

I bought the Pro version yesterday as I was happy with the free version then downloaded and installed the v4 today and I've just checked task manager and it's using 240K memory on my machine :wink:

Where can I download version 4?

This is still the Pre-Release version. But if you wish to test it you can get it here.

Hope this helps.