AdvancedSetup

Trojan.Rootkit-TnCore status / variants?

I see that SAS has definition files for Trojan.Rootkit-TnCore in the Database Version 3378 - 01-10-2008 which is about 2 weeks ago.

Has SAS always been able to remove this? I've used SAS v3.9.1008 with the latest definitions from a web update but it was unable to remove it even after a couple reboots and going into safe mode.

Wondering if there is another variant out now. I don't have time right now on the system that it is on as the user needs their computer back tomorrow so I have to FDISK/FORMAT install XP Home again for them as I don't have time to clean and confirm it's good for them in that time frame. I'm trying to Ghost the image so that I can drop it back down on another system and then I can work on it more and post any updates at that time.

I did not use the 4.x beta but can if I can get the Ghost image onto another system.

I see that SAS has definition files for Trojan.Rootkit-TnCore in the Database Version 3378 - 01-10-2008 which is about 2 weeks ago.

Has SAS always been able to remove this? I've used SAS v3.9.1008 with the latest definitions from a web update but it was unable to remove it even after a couple reboots and going into safe mode.

Wondering if there is another variant out now. I don't have time right now on the system that it is on as the user needs their computer back tomorrow so I have to FDISK/FORMAT install XP Home again for them as I don't have time to clean and confirm it's good for them in that time frame. I'm trying to Ghost the image so that I can drop it back down on another system and then I can work on it more and post any updates at that time.

I did not use the 4.x beta but can if I can get the Ghost image onto another system.

We should remove it properly - if not, send the samples to samples AT superantispyware.com and we will process them promptly.