Anthony A

Just installed-couple questions.

I installed SAS tonight and everything went great. Updated perfectly and scanned without any problems. Great user interface. Very simple and clean. I read the help file and looked over all the options and have two questions.

1) What is the bootsafe in all programs/Superantispyware/bootsafe? Does this start windows in safe mode or is it something else?

2) Concerning updates, when I select check for updates I know it looks for and installs the current definition updates but what about new versions of SAS? Does "check for updates" look for these? How do I update when a new version comes out? Thank You, Great program.

I installed SAS tonight and everything went great. Updated perfectly and scanned without any problems. Great user interface. Very simple and clean. I read the help file and looked over all the options and have two questions.

1) What is the bootsafe in all programs/Superantispyware/bootsafe? Does this start windows in safe mode or is it something else?

2) Concerning updates, when I select check for updates I know it looks for and installs the current definition updates but what about new versions of SAS? Does "check for updates" look for these? How do I update when a new version comes out? Thank You, Great program.

BootSafe provides an easy way to get into and out of Safe Mode - once you boot into safe mode with BootSafe, you need to run BootSafe again to boot to Normal Mode.

Check for updates in the right-click menu, checks for definition and program updates - you will be prompted to download the program updates when they are available.

Check for updates in the right-click menu, checks for definition and program updates - you will be prompted to download the program updates when they are available.

Are you talking about right click menu on the system tray icon? Is selecting the update feature from the system tray icon different than the update feature from the main interface?

One more question. When I select to show the system tray icon in the preferences, I noticed that when starting the program by double clicking the desktop icon the main user interface does not appear. Only the system tray icon appears than I have to use that icon to make the main interface appear on the desk top. If I deselect show system tray icon from preferences than double clicking the desk top icon will launch the main user interface on the desk top. Is the way it is designed to work or a bug in my install? Thank You

Are you talking about right click menu on the system tray icon? Is selecting the update feature from the system tray icon different than the update feature from the main interface?

One more question. When I select to show the system tray icon in the preferences, I noticed that when starting the program by double clicking the desktop icon the main user interface does not appear. Only the system tray icon appears than I have to use that icon to make the main interface appear on the desk top. If I deselect show system tray icon from preferences than double clicking the desk top icon will launch the main user interface on the desk top. Is the way it is designed to work or a bug in my install? Thank You

Yes, the one on the main interface only checks for Definition updates and is meant to allow a "quick check" before scanning.

If you don't show the system tray icon, the main interface starts up - if it is show, it places itself there and you can double click it to bring up the main screen - that is by design.