JohnG

One licence is valid for one PC am i right?

Nick,

When you purchase a licence for SAS will it be valid for one PC or do you have to purchase a licence per user account?

John

Nick,

When you purchase a licence for SAS will it be valid for one PC or do you have to purchase a licence per user account?

John

The license is good for all your accounts on your PC :)

@Nick

Ok thx.

I asked because I've purchased 2 licences and two life time subscriptions about a week ago.

I registered my trial versions on 2 pc's on the main accounts and assumed registration process would be for all accounts at once.

Yesterday I got a message 'trial period ended' (or something like that) on 3 accounts on a Winxp system, so I registered this 3 accounts with te same key as the main account (all have admin rights) worked fine, but seemed a little odd to me that I had to register four times on one PC.

Same thing on an old Win98se rig with two accounts.

@Nick

Ok thx.

I asked because I've purchased 2 licences and two life time subscriptions about a week ago.

I registered my trial versions on 2 pc's on the main accounts and assumed registration process would be for all accounts at once.

Yesterday I got a message 'trial period ended' (or something like that) on 3 accounts on a Winxp system, so I registered this 3 accounts with te same key as the main account (all have admin rights) worked fine, but seemed a little odd to me that I had to register four times on one PC.

Is this expected/normal?

@Nick

Ok thx.

Is this expected/normal?

Yes that is the expected behavior - if you install the software on each account, it is essentially a "new installation" - our server counts it as one activation because your machine id would be the same.

@Nick

Ok thanks for your explanation....

So whenever if where to buy an other PC, I've to contact customer support I suppose?

John

@Nick

Ok thanks for your explanation....

So whenever if where to buy an other PC, I've to contact customer support I suppose?

John

John - yes, you can contact our support dept, and we can take care of things for you - no problem!