Jump to content

whatmeworry

Members
  • Content Count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About whatmeworry

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. Thanks VERY much, GuiltySpark! I followed your advice and I now have SAS version 6.0.1218, database 12643, and all seems well. I ran a scan, and SAS reported that it found no malware. And I've seen no more pop-ups telling me that a new version is available. I'm most grateful to you for your help in resolving this issue.
  2. Thanks very much, GuiltySpark, for your advice. I tried to restart !SASCORE. In Task Manager, I right-clicked on that file and selected "Start Service." However, a box popped up that said "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied." I also tried double-clicking on the SASCore64.exe file in Program Files, but nothing happened.
  3. Thanks, GuiltySpark, for your response. I don't know what SASCore64 is. I looked at Task Manager to see whether it was running. The only SAS Process listed was SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE. Under Services, something called !SASCORE was listed as Stopped. I didn't see SASCore64 listed in Task Manager. I then did a search to see whether that file is on my computer. Apparently it is: SASCore64.exe is listed in C:\ProgramFiles\SUPERAntiSpyware.
  4. I'm using SAS Free version 6.0.1216 with database version 12640 on Win7 Prof. 64-bit. Every time I start SAS, a box appears that says "Product Update is available! A new version of SUPERAntiSpyware is ready to install." But when I click on Update Now, another box pops up that says "Update Error: There was an error performing this update." I click on OK, and the box disappears. I have no problem running SAS. It scans my system and finds no problems. But I don't understand the problem with the Program Update. Is there an update? If so, what's the problem that prevents me from getting it? Thanks in advance for your help.
  5. Thanks for your response. I updated the definitions to the most recent, ran another scan which again flagged "Trojan Hoster," and submitted a False Positive report, as you instructed.
  6. Yesterday, I downloaded the free version of SAS and ran a full scan. SAS identified a few tracking cookies, which didn't surprise or concern me, but it also identified something called Trojan Hoster, which consisted of two files: Trojan.Hoster C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ESCLICWD.DLL C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ESCSIRIBBON.DLL I was surprised, since I had just run a full scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, and it hadn't turned up Trojan Hoster. I wrote to the Malwarebytes forum to ask why SAS had found this and MBAM had not. They had me upload the files to them. They examined them and reported that these were not malicious files but were part of a program called StampIt. That made sense to me, since I own StampIt (http://www.stampitnet.com/) and it had been acting VERY strangely yesterday. After the Malwarebytes tech support told me that the files I sent them were part of StampIt, I understood why the program had been acting strangely--SAS had removed two of its files. I'm writing to let you know, so you can adjust your database.
×
×
  • Create New...