All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. Earlier
  3. I only have the serial number on 1 Computer. Alex from the support team has been in touch and asked the same question. Regards
  4. The number of valid licenses for the registration hes been exceeded. Sounds like it has been moved from computer to computer without de-registering on the other machines first.
  5. I have created 2 support tickets (i.e. Contact Support Form) in the last couple of weeks as my lifetime licence key is being rejected with the message “The number of valid licences for the registration has been exceed” I have not heard anything from the tech department. I have asked for my key through the web and it gives me the same key as I have, but using it gives the same message Can anyone else help? Regards
  6. Hi, Just downloaded update, and when I install, it says "Error creating shortcut, aborting installation" on my Windows 7 computer. I've done it several times with insanity--expecting a different outcome and being disappointed. It just occurred to me as I type, that perhaps I should install last year's version and then update that--perhaps the update is not a full edition. Any ideas? Thanks.
  7. A full scan used to take about 30-35 minutes. Now it is taking 3-4 hours....what has changed?
  8. I agree. SAS should offer to close, then close any open browsers. I can't find any open browsers but removal time is horrendous. Please fix, SAS. This is intolerable.
  9. Hello, I just noticed that the event viewer information that I attached to the original post got left out when I edited it to add additional information. Windows 7 Event Viewer Log Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 25/07/2019 14:23:18 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: LAPTOP3 Description: Faulting application name: SUPERAntiSpyware.exe, version: 8.0.0.1040, time stamp: 0x5d1258a6 Faulting module name: SUPERAntiSpyware.exe, version: 8.0.0.1040, time stamp: 0x5d1258a6 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0001bf74 Faulting process id: 0x1d18 Faulting application start time: 0x01d542f3d412a624 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe Report Id: bee06f36-aee7-11e9-ae1b-001e101fabdd Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-07-25T14:23:18.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>572698</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>LAPTOP3</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>SUPERAntiSpyware.exe</Data> <Data>8.0.0.1040</Data> <Data>5d1258a6</Data> <Data>SUPERAntiSpyware.exe</Data> <Data>8.0.0.1040</Data> <Data>5d1258a6</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>0001bf74</Data> <Data>1d18</Data> <Data>01d542f3d412a624</Data> <Data>C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe</Data> <Data>C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe</Data> <Data>bee06f36-aee7-11e9-ae1b-001e101fabdd</Data> </EventData> </Event> Hope this helps, Timadam
  10. How do I " uncheck the Kernel Direct and Direct Disk Access options" I do not see those options anywhere? Also, why did this start? I have this happening on all 3 of my machines. Used to work fine. Now every day it errors out. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, updating. I have tried installing into a different directory. I have tried removing it from the registry and reinstalling. What did you do to your program that made it so crappy? How is it of any use to me if I can't even run a scan?
  11. i am receiving the same error for about 2 months, removing and re-installing even using safe mode procedure cannot complete a full scan (SAS Professional 8.0.1040) OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. System Model G1.Sniper Z87 System Type x64-based PC Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F3, 4/24/2014 SMBIOS Version 2.7 Windows Directory C:\windows System Directory C:\windows\system32 Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1 Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.24499" User Name Frogzilla\Leisa Time Zone Central Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB Available Physical Memory 6.99 GB Total Virtual Memory 31.9 GB Available Virtual Memory 24.5 GB Page File Space 15.9 GB Page File C:\pagefile.sys
  12. Hello, I receive a "Superantispyware has stopped working" error on my Windows 7 laptop which I am unable to resolve. I have attached the error details from event viewer and would appreciate any assistance. Thanks in advance, Timadam After posting the above, I noticed that this problem had been brought up in the following forum posts: March 31 2018 SAS stopped working April 22 2019 Scan is stopping May 15 2019 Error when scanning I uninstalled SAS in Windows safe mode then rebooted and installed the latest SAS version. I checked the "Safe Mode" option in SAS as suggested in the reply to the March 31 2018 post and started a scan. The scan ran for just over three and a half hours then SAS stopped working again . I hope this problem can be solved as I have used SAS for many years without any problems until recently. Thanks, Timadam
  13. For members, I am very surprised that I cannot readily access a dashboard to figure out which of our SAS license codes are employed and how long they have remaining before they expire. They don't have to identify the computer name tired to each code, just let us know which codes are expiring when... and which codes have been installed and/or how many more uses of the code we have available. Does anyone have any information on this? Thank you!!!
  14. I think maybe your version of Windows is incompatible with installation file or you have some other programs blocking installation or occupying too much space on your hard disk
  15. my SAS premium alerts me that it has 'blocked' trojan.agent/gen-injector.process-2. (C:\windows\system32\svhost.exe). These alerts do not happened too often. When it does, the alerts repeat a number of times! As per SAS recommendations, I do a Complete Scan. I get Zero findings. Note: For some reason, near the end of my complete scan, my computer re-boots. However, when I choose to scan my computer (quick scan, or manual scan) SAS does a complete scan 'without' rebooting my computer. What is causes these alerts? Should I be concerned? UPDATE: today my alerts are happening frequently! I went into Safe Mode and using SAS, I did a complete scan of all my drives. There 10 adware findings, which I removed. Then I used Malwarebytes to perform a Threat scan on my C drive, there was zero findings. I rebooted my computer, and started getting SAS alerts that it has 'blocked' trojan.agent/gen-injector.process-2. (C:\windows\system32\svhost.exe). Same recommendations are asked, then after several minutes, my computer reboots. note: while SAS alerts pop up, my computer never fully loads all the drivers for some reason! this is not good at all. I will wait for some help, otherwise I will have to take my computer to a computer repair shop for help.
  16. On successful download of free version software, the process fails to expand the file and gives an error code of 0. Complete uninstall, clean and re-install did not help. Running Windows 7, 32-bit O/S. Any suggestions? Tnx _HDB
  17. Me too. Problem is happening on two different computers. I have uninstalled, and reinistalled in a different directory, it did nothing. Every time I send the error report and nothing is getting fixed.
  18. Right on, thanks Ultra Male!
  19. Thank you for your reply. I PMed you.
  20. Hi Ultra Male, Sorry you're having trouble getting through to us. Could you please PM me your license key and/or original invoice # and I'll see what I can do. Thanks! Geoff
  21. I have a life time license and I am not using it on any computer. I tried installing it on my laptop now and I got a message that my key is blacklisted. I contacted support via email but didn't get a reply since 5 days. I also contacted them via Twitter and no response. What's going on with this company?
  22. Hello: Recently I was doing a search within a search trying to find online car service manual. I opened up some files and agreed to allow access to my computer, (Biggggg MistakeEEEE). After getting most of the junk out of my computer, i now notice that when i run SUPERAntiSpyware it doesn't detect any spyware. (I am using the free version). Could the stuff i downloaded somehow rendered SUPERAntiSpyware to not discover threats? I thank anyone who can help me in this issue ahead of time.
  23. Hello. Automatic download and installation of new version are not working;even with the SAS_ForceUpdate.exe;even if this file is in the SAS program folder;even if it's run with adminitrative rights. "Check and install new version are checked;and update is allowed through the Firewall. My OS is Windows 10,v. 1903,64 bits My SAS version is 8.0.1038 and data base version is 15602. How to resolve this important problem? Regards
  24. Updates of the DB are working fine now (automatically and manually by opening SAS): I'm now on the latest version 15602. So yes, the issue seems to be fixed now.
  25. Thanks for the heads-up. I just opened SAS and asked for the DB update and it worked. Now I am up to date at 15601. Look like someone was able to fix the issue.
  26. Just updated to the newest definition update 15601. The program did the update itself. Go figure....
  27. Thanks for the info; based on your experience I will certainly not try a manual (forced) database update (downloads can be found on this page). I'm still on DB version 15598 and SAS tells me I'm up to date .... (and we know that this is not correct). There seems to be some kind of bug in the update procedure; hopefully someone from SAS will give us an explanation very soon.
  1. Load more activity