Sign in to follow this  
dontdrama

com surrogate issues

I believe I am infected by this com surrogate virus (or some other issue that is interfering with my CPU usage and searches). "COM" keeps appearing and disappearing from my task manager and using CPU, even after I end the task, and my computer is running slow.  Running SAS does not pick it up or solve the problem. Can you tell me how to verify if I am infected with this or what the problem is? Thanks.

taskmanagerscreenshot.png

https://www.howtogeek.com/326462/what-is-com-surrogate-dllhost.exe-and-why-is-it-running-on-my-pc/

If you poke around in your Task Manager, there’s a good chance you’ll see one or more “COM Surrogate” processes running on a Windows PC. These processes have the file name “dllhost.exe”, and are part of the Windows operating system. You’ll see them on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and even earlier versions of Windows.

They aren't using any CPU or maxing the memory so it looks OK, but if you'd like to test about other slow down issues you can try gmer to see what if anything it finds. But as SUPERsupport says it is pretty normal.