kelvin_koolohm

repairing SASW

Something wiped out my desktop links for SASW and Malwarebytes. It also cleared my exception list in Windows Firewall.

I reinstalled the two programs and repaired the exception list in the Firewall and restarted the computer.

When I ask the main SASW dash board to check for updates, I get an error message saying SASW couldn't reach the

Internet; check my Firewall.

The SASW program is listed in the Firewall list (along with everything else) and if I go to "Preferences" and check for

updates there, I get no error but I also get no confirmation message saying that everything is up to date.

All the other programs are accessing the Internet just fine.

What should I look for?

Thanks

Open SUPERAntiSpyware, click the tile called Help & Information found on the SUPERAntiSpyware main menu.

On the right hand side under Troubleshooting click Allow Through Windows Firewall after following the prompts, please reboot your PC. After rebooting see if you can update SUPERAntiSpyware, does the error continue?

I don't see what you are describing.

The screen that opens for me says "Activate License", "Activate Premium Trial", "Upgrade Now" across the top

and "Dashboard", "Scan", "Quarantine", "Reports", & "Settings" down the left hand side.

When I click on "Help & Information" and then "Allow through Windows Firewall", I get a message that says "SUPERAntiSpyWare allowed through windows firewall".

The response has changed a little: if I keep trying, it will eventually go thru.

The periodic database update seemed to go thru alright at 5:00AM.

Thanks

If the issue is also affecting your copy of Malwarebytes alongside our software SUPERAntiSpyware it sounds like the issue is not with SAS but either your third party software, or your Windows Firewall settings.

Please run the Complete Internet Repair tool by Rizonesoft - https://www.rizonesoft.com/downloads/complete-internet-repair/

Download,  install and run the application. When the application opens, make sure every box is checked then click 'Go!'. This should resolve the issue you have been having with updating if you have a botched Firewall, or a botched Winsock, etc