Sign in to follow this  
Diane P.

( SOLVED ) SAS stopped working...advice please

Have used SAS for a very long time and never a problem like this. I think I know the answer but, issue does concern me.

My PC is a Win 8.1 64-bit. Yesterday when logging in, I noticed no notification in my system tray that SAS was running. So, I clicked on desktop icon and a message popped up that SAS.exe files couldn't be found. I did nothing on the web other than get some Kindle books @ Amazon and read some email before I shut down the night before.

What I did do however, was update Secunia PSI. I normally don't run it on bootup because it has caused me problems in the past, but I figured maybe the new version won't behave badly, but I think it did.

I had to remove SAS which I did with Revo and reinstalled it. I ran ESET online scanner, MBAM Pro and ZoneAlarm AV/firewall combo along with a full scan of SAS. None of these programs found anything, not even a PUP. PC running fine and no issues that I can tell. Do I need to do anything further. I put Secunia PST back, not to run on bootup. Should I do something further to make sure nothing untoward got into my machine. Perhaps I'm being overly cautious....TIA

DMP

Nothing was found so I don't think you have an issue (malware) more than likely just a glitch.

Is this the Pro version or the free version of SAS?

*note The free version of Revo does not remove 64bit applications as it has no native 64bit support.