geordiemick

( SOLVED ) Multiple users

No you would still have to scan each account individually this is the same for any anti malware program other than a bootable AV software.

When my scan is in progress, I see in Files Scanned, the other users names appear.  And I can select other Users in a custom scan

I want to ask this too.

I have three excellent protection programs, yours, Norton IS and MBAM.

Norton scans every User Account and I'll shortly be asking MBAM.

I use SUPERAntiSpyware Free edition. Does the paid-for version scan every UA?

If not, is it worth me posting a suggestion in that section of the Forum, please?

You may have to wait for a more detailed report from the dev team but I'm pretty sure that to rid yourself of malware fully you should scan individual accounts as running from Admin doesn't (as far as I'm aware) scan the UA Hive fully so traces may be left behind.

To sum up ;

Yes you can scan UA from Admin account and remove malware from individual UA in the process however, a scan of the individual UA's should be done for total clean up to occur.

I think MBAM may be the same as well which is why I said earlier "it is the same for any anti-malware program". This is how I have always known it to be, but you may wish to ask a member of the SAS Team as I do not work for them.

A complete scan will scan all of the files on the PC, regardless of the user logged in.  However, user-specific registry entries and some Internet Explorer cookies are only scanned for the user that initiated the scan.

Quick and Critical point scans target specific folders, some of which are user-specific, so those scans won't be as multi-user-friendly as a complete scan.