Incaboy

Hourly Bombardment

Is it normal to scan two or three times a day and find 200 to 600 or more threats each time? If Adware is the identified problem then why can't it be blocked completely? Is it normal for ads/pop-ups to have to completely load before one can write an email or scroll a page?

Also, why does "Quick Scan" find threats "Critical Scan" does not?

Thanks!

About to join Mick Dodge and Will of Stone!

Hello Incaboy,

I suspect that the detections you are seeing are just cookies.  Cookies are not blocked by SUPERAntiSpyware because they are required for most web functionality.  Cookies will come back every time you surf the web, and can be cleaned by running a Quick or Complete Scan.  If you'd like to learn more about cookies, check out this link:

http://www.allaboutcookies.org/

Regards,

SUPERAntiSpyware Support

Hi, I have just joined this forum and cannot find the button where I click to start a new topic, i.e. to submit a posting. There is simply no "New Topic" or "Add a posting" button anywhere to be seen. How do I start a new topic?

My PC has an IP address. So do the people who send cookies and malware. Seems to me SAS could block the malware IP addresses at the "front door" rather than waiting for the crap to enter the system. Outside the box. The same Adware stuff gets loaded everyday. Surely you brainiacks can find a solution.  

My PC has an IP address. So do the people who send cookies and malware. Seems to me SAS could block the malware IP addresses at the "front door" rather than waiting for the crap to enter the system. Outside the box. The same Adware stuff gets loaded everyday. Surely you brainiacks can find a solution.  

Windows has a HOSTS file which can be used to do the same thing!

I loaded Windows 10. Why do the scanning programs for Windows 10 never download? Maybe their security scan would stop the junk that comes through when SAS misses it. I really believe the malware programs available today control our computers more than the average person realizes. By producing or allowing malware to enter our systems when and where they want. If I can block programs from my Granddaughter then there ought to be a block for all ads.

Not as simple as that Incaboy due to new advertising net laws one reason why ad block plus is crap now because they're forced to allow some ads through.