useport80

SAS 6.0 constant cpu utilization

hey all,

i'm running win7 64bit with sas 6.0.1130(lifetime sub) and i have noticed that my superantispyware.exe is constantly consuming 12-13%. regardless of whatever im doing games or web browsing, it's pretty consistent. i do notice that my pc randomly bogs down for 1-2 seconds, but could be the other hard drives coming out of power save mode. never had any issues with version 5. 

any1 else notice this?

Hi,

Do you have real-time protection enabled? Does it settle down if you disable it? It's not normal even if it is enabled, I'm just trying to isolate the cause.

hey SAS_Dave,

real-time protection and scheduled scanning are both off. automatic updates is enabled. it doesn't settle down ever. right now im looking at my task manager and it's just sitting at 12-13%. i have no other applications open, no games, no browsers. no antivirus software installed on the machine.

one thing that might be weird is that i do have vmware workstation version 10. thats probably the only non standard thing i have on this computer aside from stock win7 and games

If you right-click the icon in the system tray (the little yellow bug) and select "Exit", does the program close correctly (no longer listed in task manager).  It's possible a worker thread is hung up on something on your PC.  If SAS closes correctly, does the CPU usage resume when you launch it again?

i dont normally reboot regularly, but i did reboot today due to some microsoft patches.

i can exit SAS and the superantispyware.exe will disappear from my task manager successfully. i can manually relaunch SAS, superantispyware.exe will pop back up in my task manager, hover at 3-5% then go immediately back to 12-13%. also each time i exit SAS and relaunch SAS, superantispyware.exe will get a new random Process ID(PID). 

Would you mind if one of our developers contacts you directly (via email) to help track this problem down?  If so, is the e-mail address you've registered with on these forums OK to use?  

It may take little back-and-forth with you to track down why it's happening on your PC as we've been unable to replicate this behavior internally.

Hello! I am having the exact same problem! I have win7 (pro) 64bit. I did also close the program and it did vanish from the list in task manager. My superantispyware program is not a clean install. I have, unlike useport80, a antivirusprogram installed and it is AVG.

Same problem over here. SAS 6.0.1130.

SAScore and SAS main program are using about 25-30% CPU and there is constant HDD activity.

Slows everything down.

This didn't happen with former version.

I'm having the same issue. I exited SAS and my drives returned to normal. This didn't happen until I downloaded an update in the last few days. I'm afraid my drives will wear out at the speed they are running. Any patches available to fix the problem?