jwsrcp

Internal Updater Isn't Updating To 5.5.1006

I have SAS Pro, and have been waiting for days for the Internal Updater to notify me that there is an update to 5.5.1006. Is there any reason it is not popping up? I like to update that way. Thanks.

I have been a paid user of SASPro for some time now and just discovered today that the program UPDATE function doesn't check for NEW versions of the MAIN program, just the definitions. I found I've been running 5.1 instead of any version of 5.5 for some time now even tho' I was aware of the newer versions.

I assumed (I know; I know; never assume :( ) that UPDATE meant UPDATE of both program and definitions, not just definitions. Even more embarrassing I am the co-Moderator of MBAM's Software Forums (with Gordon; hayc59) and see his UPDATE posts regularly but assumed (yeah; yeah) MY SASPro *was* being updated automatically.

Any way to add this functionality for paid Pro users?? Or at least as an option??

Cheers,

Steve

I have been a paid user of SASPro for some time now and just discovered today that the program UPDATE function doesn't check for NEW versions of the MAIN program, just the definitions. I found I've been running 5.1 instead of any version of 5.5 for some time now even tho' I was aware of the newer versions.

I assumed (I know; I know; never assume :( ) that UPDATE meant UPDATE of both program and definitions, not just definitions. Even more embarrassing I am the co-Moderator of MBAM's Software Forums (with Gordon; hayc59) and see his UPDATE posts regularly but assumed (yeah; yeah) MY SASPro *was* being updated automatically.

Any way to add this functionality for paid Pro users?? Or at least as an option??

Cheers,

Steve

In Preferences>Updates have you ticked the boxes for "Periodically check for application updates" and "Automatically install application updates"?

superantispyware never internal updates automatically instal in few days,always takes a long time .others security programs are more fast! is very bad actually .so that it serves automatic update?

Until I "Manually" updated to 5.5.1012 my SASPro showed version 5.1

I would have expected however "periodically" it checks for PROGRAM updates there should have been one somewhere between 5.1 and 5.5

I know now NOT to trust SASPro for program updating and instead use Gordon's UPDATE posts on MBAM to manually update.

I'm easy - no big deal.. :P

Steve

5.1.1002 is the newest version released into the internal updater, the version number went from 5.1.xxxx to 5.5.xxxx as it was a big update including threat mapping. The 5.5.xxxx version will be released into the internal updater shortly.

5.1.1002 is the newest version released into the internal updater, the version number went from 5.1.xxxx to 5.5.xxxx as it was a big update including threat mapping. The 5.5.xxxx version will be released into the internal updater shortly.

I am also an SAS Pro user. What does "shortly" mean? With any other programs that I have, their Internal Updater, in my experience, updates within a day or two of a new release.

Version released has gone from 5.1.1002 to 5.5.1006 and now to 5.5.1012 and still no internal update. This is quite ridiculous. Still stuck at 5.1.1002. Why have an internal update facility if you do use it on a regular basis when new versions are made available. Is it that you don't trust your own updates and so don't roll them out until you are quite sure. In which case your quality control is not very good.

Version released has gone from 5.1.1002 to 5.5.1006 and now to 5.5.1012 and still no internal update. This is quite ridiculous. Still stuck at 5.1.1002. Why have an internal update facility if you do use it on a regular basis when new versions are made available. Is it that you don't trust your own updates and so don't roll them out until you are quite sure. In which case your quality control is not very good.

No, it's so that servers aren't overloaded and i'm sure also a good way to avoid meltdown at support in case some issue not seen in testing suddenly affects a large part of users. I get the updates last always 1-2 weeks later and so what? I can just download the installer and update in a couple of minutes if it's important to me.

Obviously something may be up in your case so i would update manually and if this was originally an older installer perhaps even installed as version 4 i would uninstall, reboot and install 5.5.1012 fresh.

No, it's so that servers aren't overloaded and i'm sure also a good way to avoid meltdown at support in case some issue not seen in testing suddenly affects a large part of users. I get the updates last always 1-2 weeks later and so what? I can just download the installer and update in a couple of minutes if it's important to me.

Obviously something may be up in your case so i would update manually and if this was originally an older installer perhaps even installed as version 4 i would uninstall, reboot and install 5.5.1012 fresh.

I agree Don, however what I feel strongly about is the fact that the download page is still showing version 5.5.1006 as the current version but it's only when you download the file that you see it's actually version 5.5.1012.

To me that's not good management of the webpage, it's literally a minutes work to update the details of the version number.

I've been a registered user of SAS Pro for a good few years and can only hope that the lack of attention to detail on the website does not extend to SAS as a product!

Isn't that exactly what I said but in a different way that there may be a problem with the update and so there is a delay before it is rolled out? But surely there are beta testers . Either way that is a long time to wait for any updates from Version 5.1.0.1002 to Version 5.5.0.1006. It has been almost a month since the date on the 5.5.0.1006 update was created. I ahve had to moanually update. That required a re-boot. Although I was able to copy the files after stopping the SAS Service on another PC. Why the setup file cannot do I don't understand?

i have 40 clients with superantispyware pro and 2 machines here on pro and as of today they still all say 5.1.1002

You said on July 13, shortly it was going to come into the updater? that was a week and a half ago so what is taking so long?

robin

The newest release should now be offered within the program.

ok I just tried and it just did to version 5.5.1012

I am going to wait to see if it automatically does it on the other machines (pops up and asks for the update)

thanks

robin