Bill Mullen

Only ONE detected item

Until recently, I had numerous detected items, primarily (or all?) tracking cookies, upon each run of SUPERAntiSpyware.  Now every time I run it I get exactly one detected item each run. My web browsing habits have changed little. Seems odd. Should I be concerned? 

Is it only one item or is it one detection which opens up to many (probably tracking cookies)?

Have you changed anything in your browser set up?

Some background: I'm running the Free Edition, tried reinstalling it, same problem.  It's finding exactly one tracking cookie per run of the program (the folder opens up to show only one tracking cookie). Every time I run the program it finds exactly one more tracking cookie even without visiting any new sites between program executions. I do note that the cookie is different in each run. 

Thank you for the scan log. It appears you are using the Windows 10 Fall Creators Edition update which was released very recently. This update has changed how Internet Explorer and Edge stores its cookies. Cookies are no longer stored as individual files for those browsers, and thus SUPERAntiSpyware does not pick them up and remove them as they once did. What is left behind though is what is called a deprecated.cookie, which will continue to be found and removed by SUPERAntiSpyware.

Thanks for your response. OK, looks like I've got nothing to worry about then!  It still seems odd that it finds one different deprecated.cookie at a time, but it's still sounding like SUPERAntiSpyware is still looking for other things correctly. Thanks!