Milli

SuperAntiSpyware Professional version doesn't start

4 posts in this topic

I have my SAS set to do a complete scan every day at 6.00pm. I just came home and the window of SAS was open, I saw it had scanned 0 files in 4 hour and 45 minutes.

I tried to close the window which didn't work. I did a forced stop, and when I wanted to start from the short cut it didn't react, then I went to my programs and clicked on "Alternate Start", no reaction, on "Help", no reaction, "professional" no reaction and "registration" no reaction.

What do I do now??

Thank you in advance for any help.

Milli

2 things to try.

1.  Restart your computer. A simple restart can do wonders to reset things.

2.  Check that the bug icon in the task bar is showing and see if you can click it.

Hi Spark,

When this happened and after I did the things I described above, I clicked on the bug icon, and it completely disappeared. In disgust I turned off the computer and went to bed. But.. surprise!!! After starting it up this morning, SAS window came up and a scan was started, no problem. So I take it the problem is gone.

What remains is my curiosity: what happened..?

I have no answer to that there are too many variables that could be in place, it's something that only you can see so you would have to keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.

One place to check however, is the EventViewer, this would display errors that may have occurred and might shed some light on the issue.