Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
geoff

Windows 10 Creators Update

6 posts in this topic

Just curious how many of you have installed the Creators Update and what your thoughts are.  I've installed it on two PCs and I haven't had any issues yet.

I have it on a test machine, I'm not that impressed with it to be honest as I just don't see the fascination. Also on a side note, I used to use Edge on SuseStudio to create distros and recently (since the creators update) I can no longer test drive the distros, Flash player is enabled but for some reason I'm told I need to download FPlayer. Now this could just be down to SuseStudio (they are having issues at present) but before the update everything was working fine.

I would have to say though I would not buy Win 10 nor would I want to live with it as a main system, there are after all many better choices out there.

On 5/3/2017 at 8:08 AM, GuiltySpark said:

I would have to say though I would not buy Win 10 nor would I want to live with it as a main system, there are after all many better choices out there.

Totally agree. I'm still running two Win 7 computers until the death of Win 7 or the computers. The push for Win 10 forced me into buying a Mac which I use as my main system now.

Thanks for the feedback PTD! What are some of your biggest issues with Win 10, guys? 

Instability would be the main one I think, having to at times re-install certain drivers especially network cards etc just because of an update.

I also don't agree that it's faster than other OSs, if you get down to it you'll find by default it's set to hibernate thus making it seem faster but turn that off and it's no different.

Also it's a lot more automated, I don't like that. I want complete control over my system which is why I'm sticking with Vista as a Windows OS and Linux mainly as I begin full (as much as I can in my work) transition. I honestly believe MS have shot themselves in the foot with their new direction, maybe they're looking towards the corporate structure more and if so great for them, but I think they are on the bridge of a market share collapse.

My opinion only of course.