Sign in to follow this  
Mrzocor1

schedule scans

Mrzocor1   

Superantispyware doesn't seem to be scanning according to schedule anymore. Had it scheduled for 8:00pm tonight, and it didn't do it. I had my computer in sleep mode too. Also, the scans don't seem to show up in quarantine like they used to. Never had a problem before. How long after a missed schedule scan is it still going to scan?

For a scheduled scan to complete, two conditions must be met:

• You must be logged in as the Windows user who the scan is scheduled under.
  • The computer must either be on, or hibernated/suspended with the appropriate wake-up options selected.

If the above conditions are true, and the scan does not start as expected, confirm that you can manually start a scan of the same type, and that the scan runs to completion. If there's a problem with the scan, resolve that first.

If the manual scan works, but the scheduled scan does not, try scheduling the scan again for a few minutes in the future. Make sure you schedule the scan for daily, not weekly, when testing! Make sure the "Check for Definition Updates before scanning" option is checked, and the "Show program window while scanning" option is checked. Those options will ensure that something visible happens when the scan starts and ends.

Mrzocor1   
6 hours ago, GuiltySpark said:

Do you have the 'wake on...' options selected?

Where is the " wake on" option? can't find it. I can scan manually with no problem.

Mrzocor1   
19 minutes ago, Mrzocor1 said:

Where is the " wake on" option? can't find it. I can scan manually with no problem.

1 hour ago, SUPERsupport said:

For a scheduled scan to complete, two conditions must be met:

• You must be logged in as the Windows user who the scan is scheduled under.
  • The computer must either be on, or hibernated/suspended with the appropriate wake-up options selected.

If the above conditions are true, and the scan does not start as expected, confirm that you can manually start a scan of the same type, and that the scan runs to completion. If there's a problem with the scan, resolve that first.

If the manual scan works, but the scheduled scan does not, try scheduling the scan again for a few minutes in the future. Make sure you schedule the scan for daily, not weekly, when testing! Make sure the "Check for Definition Updates before scanning" option is checked, and the "Show program window while scanning" option is checked. Those options will ensure that something visible happens when the scan starts and ends.

When I changed the scan to a few minutes in the future, I hit save, and a box popped up saying " Task Schedule error unable to save task", and than a second after that came up it started to scan. The " wake this pc from sleep" box was already checked.

Hello -

If this is a Task Scheduler Error, this has more to do with your Windows OS then it does with our software. The Task Scheduler is a part of the operating system. When version of Windows OS are you currently running on your PC?

Mrzocor1   
8 minutes ago, SUPERsupport said:

Hello -

If this is a Task Scheduler Error, this has more to do with your Windows OS then it does with our software. The Task Scheduler is a part of the operating system. When version of Windows OS are you currently running on your PC?

I'm running Windows 10.

Mrzocor1   
4 hours ago, SUPERsupport said:

When did this issue first begin, was it very recently? Have you recently changed any windows settings/programs or installed software?

I just noticed it on Sunday. Haven't changed a thing or installed anything. I changed it to 11:25AM M-F, and it shows it as being saved in the Schedule Scanning place, even though that error message comes up when I try to save it.

Hello -

Have you tried uninstalling the software completely from your PC, rebooting, then reinstalling SUPERAntiSpyware? I would give that a try and see if your scheduled scan kicks in. If it does not, try to set a new scheduled scan and see if the scheduling error is still prevalent.

Mrzocor1   
1 minute ago, SUPERsupport said:

Hello -

Have you tried uninstalling the software completely from your PC, rebooting, then reinstalling SUPERAntiSpyware? I would give that a try and see if your scheduled scan kicks in. If it does not, try to set a new scheduled scan and see if the scheduling error is still prevalent.

Actually I just set it to scan at 4:50 PM CT, and it started to scan at around 4:52. That was at my desktop. I don't know what it would do if it had to wake the computer up to scan. If I uninstalled, and reinstalled, would it know that I have a lifetime subscription?

So you are saying the scheduled scan now works?

I recommend writing down your Lifetime Registration code, the code can be found in the "Help & Information" section of your SUPERAntiSpyware Application before you uninstall and reinstall the software. When you reinstall the software, when asked for a registration code, simply enter in the lifetime code you previously wrote down.