Newbie12

(SOLVED) Program just errors out when scanning for 6 to 8 hrs?

5 posts in this topic

After attempting to scan 7 drives for any malware that SUPERAntiSpyware can pick up and remove before I execute them by accident unknowingly and infect my own computer, it just pops up with a error form say something happened and I needed to submit the report so that they can fix it up......but I can't as the computer is being scanned offline and therefore I can't really send the error report on the same PC.....if I can somehow take that error report from it and send it from a computer that DOES have internet connection - that could work...though I have no idea where the error reports are stored if they are even stored at all.....

This is happened three times, so it either appears the scanner can't scan any longer than 6 hrs straight or else it will crash with an error report OR the program is NOT designed as a comprehensive anti-malware suite to remove ALL malware from the system and I should be using something else if scanning 7 drives with over 1 million files............. I've already gone through a Kaspersky scan and that came clean, Malwarebytes picked up a few backdoors and I removed them and now SUPERAntiSpyware which is my next step in line after Malwarebytes to pick up whatever those two couldn't but I can't even finish the scan without it crashing saying oh you have an error and the program cannot continue - would you like to submit this bug report? window....

12 hours ago, SUPERsupport said:

Hello Newbie12 -

Please open a Technical Support ticket HERE

Hi, ok thanks I have opened a support ticket with them - hopefully this issue gets resolved so I may find out what is causing it and get rid of it if it is actual malware force crashing SUPERAntiSpyware from scanning after 6 hrs straight..... Or it might just be a bug that your scanner can't handle more than 1 million files? Or at least a very large amount of files as my scan settings are set to be as thorough as possible, ie do NOT skip files larger than 4MB, do NOT skip non executable files as examples.....

I have linked them to this thread so they will know what I'm talking about and who I am...hehee...

Thanks!

On 16/02/2017 at 0:45 AM, SUPERsupport said:

Ticket updated!

Ok thanks! Looks like safe mode is the only solution here, until you guys find a way to fix it up! You can close the thread now if you want. ☺B)^_^