pharkit

Superantispyware hangs

pharkit   

I've been using SAS (free edition) a very long time but just recently it hangs during scan (both full system scan & custom scan). It seems to get stuck while scanning 'ffdshow audio decoder' file which seems to be an audio codec file located in the 'Start Menu' folder. I've tried a re-installation but the problem persists.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hello, I'm not part of the SAS Forum team but I think I can help.

First I need to know a few things:

What OS System are you running Windows/mac/Linux etc 32/64 bit?

In c:/windows/ Do you have a folder called syswow64? (Windows location)

pharkit   

Hi and thanks for your replies.

I think I've found the problem. There seems to be a conflict issue between SAS and bitdefender. Specifically SAS hangs while scanning C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Bitdefender 2017. I've included this in the 'exceptions' list and after two scans it now runs fine. I can confirm this did not happen with the previous version only the current one (6.0.1230).

pharkit   
9 hours ago, weaver145 said:

pharkit  thanks for the info.  Was having same problem.  bitdefender 2016 in my case .  Also can confirm this was not a problem previously

Is it now working for you? I originally included C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Bitdefender 2017 in the exception list and it still ended up hanging after 4-5 test scans. I've now inlcuded: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories in the exception list instead (I removed all other exceptions) and have scanned 7-8 times successfully. Will update here with any new progress.

pharkit   

I worked out that it's bitdefender on my computer causing the issue. After including SAS in the  'List of processes excluded from scanning' & 'List of files and folders excluded from scanning' section of bitdefender, SAS now runs fine. This is only since the '6.0.1230' release of SAS.

The previous post I made about changing the exceptions in SAS itself can be ignored.

Hello all -

We recommend if you are having this issue you upgrade to version 6.0.1232 to fix it, available in both the Free and Professional Editions.

Free Edition users click HERE for 6.0.1232

Professional Edition users click HERE for 6.0.1232