ran_babsoft

(Solved) Babylon Software - False Positive

Dear Sir/Madam,

On May you have cleared the false positive from our software, but for some reason you identify our software as PUP.DownloadAdmin/Variant.

Our software is not a potentially unwanted program.

We provide a clear and simply installation, we clearly state what is installed (our translation software), we collect no personal data from the user.

I went through the false positive process in your software, but i did not hear back from you yet.

Please update me ASAP as our paying users are hurt by your actions.

Regards,

Ran Eyal
Director of Sales and Marketing
Babylon Software LTD.

19 minutes ago, GuiltySpark said:

Please be aware it's the holidays so there may only be a skeleton crew working at present, or everyone's pissed  :lol:

Thank you GuiltySpark,

I hope that someone is left behind to help us with this incorrect classification

Ran.

2 minutes ago, GuiltySpark said:

I'm sure Gabe will see it soon but there is a time zone delay so it may not be until later, possibly tomorrow for you.

I am willing to wait a little longer for the good news that we have been cleared.

It's a shame when a software flags you for no apparent reason and makes it so hard to clear your name. It would have been best if we were contacted with any concern beforehand. We've been in contact in the past due to a false positive that was corrected, and now a year + later we are at it again.

I understand that there are some bad publishers out there, but we are no a part of that group and do not intend to join the club.

Ran

Hello Ran,

Sorry about the wait - GuiltySpark was correct that the majority of the team was on holiday (myself included).

I have adjusted the definition database and Babylon should no longer be detected by SUPERAntiSpyware as of database version 13263, which will be released within the next few hours.

Update to version 13263 and scan again (a restart of SAS may be required).

Please let me know if this solves your issue, or if you have any other questions or concerns.

Gabe Burch
Primary Malware Researcher
SUPERAntiSpyware

On 12/27/2016 at 11:38 PM, SAS Malware Research said:

Hello Ran,

Sorry about the wait - GuiltySpark was correct that the majority of the team was on holiday (myself included).

I have adjusted the definition database and Babylon should no longer be detected by SUPERAntiSpyware as of database version 13263, which will be released within the next few hours.

Update to version 13263 and scan again (a restart of SAS may be required).

Please let me know if this solves your issue, or if you have any other questions or concerns.

Gabe Burch
Primary Malware Researcher
SUPERAntiSpyware

Thank you for clearing our name.

We have noticed that it was updated in VirusTotal.com as well.

Regards,

Ran Eyal

17 hours ago, Buckens said:

I install Babylon a few weeks ago and it is working very well.

A few weeks ago there was no problem. The problem with the false identification started lately and was corrected.

Ran