Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ezekial52787

Picking up a weird file as malware

8 posts in this topic

I've seen this a few times and just no idea what it is, but occassionally one of my anti-malware programs will pick it up and remove it. It's list C:\End as a trojan horse malware, but after remove it is gone, but then the performance of my pc kinda goes whacky and random errors ensue. my first quest is, what is C:\END and why would removing it cause instabilitiy in the system?

I have seen these before usually to do with PUPs like Conduit and White Smoke, on some occasions legit programs can create these for their program functions.

You could try resetting your browser settings. The next time you find a END file open it with Notepad to see what it says.

7 minutes ago, GuiltySpark said:

I have seen these before usually to do with PUPs like Conduit and White Smoke, on some occasions legit programs can create these for their program functions.

You could try resetting your browser settings. The next time you find a END file open it with Notepad to see what it says.

thanks SPark. I'll try that next time.

9 minutes ago, GuiltySpark said:

do you have any idea if/why it would cause system instability by removing it?

If it was a legit file used by a program integrated into the system then it's a possibility instability could arise, maybe what's the OS?

12 minutes ago, GuiltySpark said:

If it was a legit file used by a program integrated into the system then it's a possibility instability could arise, maybe what's the OS?

wINDOWS 10 64BIT

I would keep an eye on it for now to see if you can get as much of info as possible especially trying to open it up, this should tell us more about it.

What AntiMalware product picked it up?