Sign in to follow this  
Daveski17

Automatic Quarantining Options?

Hello, I have used the SUPERAntiSpyware Free edition since about 2008 and it impressed me after only a few months by detecting and removing a trojan Norton had missed. I knew I had malware as the Google filter on the Google translator (in SeaMonkey) alerted me to the fact that malware had passed into my old laptop. Only SAS found the malware though, Norton and Spybot Search & Destroy missed it.

After recent problems with false-positives using various AV’s I’ve decided to return to MSE (I run Win 7 x64). As a consequence I was considering upgrading to the full version of SAS. I’ve never tried the trial version. When the real-time protection is enabled would I have the ability to choose any corresponding action to take if malware is detected? What I mean is would I have the ability to override or turn off any automatic quarantining of suspected malware? I would prefer this because if any program detects malware on my computer I like to check with more than one scanner before quarantining to ensure that it isn’t a false positive. 

Thanks, Dave.