evilfantasy

SAS & Windows 10 Update

3 posts in this topic

Windows 8.1 - Just a note to everyone who is updating to Windows 10 and running SAS. After a few failed attempts I had to disable SAS before starting the update process.

It has been suggested to disable antivirus software also but I'm running MSE (Windows Defender) and did not have to disable it. I'm sure there will be some antivirus that do need to be turned off prior to updating.

Was there a specific error during the upgrade?  We've been testing with Win10 for months on the beta builds, but not the upgrade process (since it's only been available for a few days).  It's not surprising that completely replacing all system files and registry hives would be problematic for any detection system... I'd say the recommendation to disable anti-virus/malware/spyware tools is warranted here.  The good news is it's much easier to disable SUPERAntiSpyware than many other tools; just click on the real-time protection button on the main window and uncheck the real-time enabled option. After the upgrade, re-enable and SAS will work great in Win10.

Yes it was C1900107.

The full error message was WindowsUpdate_C1900107 OR WindowsUpdate_dt000.

The good news is it's much easier to disable SUPERAntiSpyware than many other tools

So true. With some antivirus/antimalware it's almost easier to just uninstall it instead of trying to turn it off.