Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Incaboy

(SOLVED) Big Brother Has Taken Over!

14 posts in this topic

There is a pesky program that takes over my web surfing. It does not happen often but when it does I can't get rid of it. It locks the web page flashing "Your Computer has been taken over by a virus"! "Call this 1-800 number now"!! The program will not allow one to close the window. I end up shutting down/holding down the off switch to regain control. Clear, alt, delete worked at one time but no longer effects the bogus program. Any suggestions?

I'm no expert on this stuff. Once the bug takes over nothing but immediate shut down works. After one incident I immediately scanned with SAS and no detection of a threat was indicated. This is in no way a complaint with SAS! Its just another bug that needs to be stomped! Is there a way that next time it happens I somehow connect with SAS?

Navigate to COMPUTER - LOCAL DRIVE - ADWCLEANER and in that folder you should find the Quarantine logs.

A lot of coupon, discount deals and yahoo companion files have been cleaned out.

Firefox and Chrome have been cleaned out.

A lot of installer files have also been cleaned out.

Are you still having the same issues?

Mr. Spark, thanks for the help. Problem solved. The problem is the stuff seems to reload every other day. First let me say I can see fighting malware must be an everyday battle. SAS keeps me running smooth about 95% of the time. The other 5% is garbage that appears after SAS has scanned in the morning when I power up.

Listen to this recent scare. I went to You Tube to watch a video on the Bianchi Triad ankle holster. I had watched about 2 minutes of the 4 minute video when suddenly the video stopped. A sound like amp feedback started. I waited thinking heavy traffic had caused the video to log jamb. The feedback stopped. A strange computer voice started talking to me. In a distant feedback voice hard to describe, it said "You don't have permission to used this site". The voice started saying a bunch of other mumbo jumbo and I tried to close the window. No luck. I had to power down. I did the SAS thing when I powered back up and the problem went away.

I don't worry much about hackers cause I ain't got nothin they would want and I have nothing to hide.

When I start hearing voices I start to wonder about my sanity.

I looked at the YT vids for BT holsters and the two I found that were about 4mins long had no issues, so it may be something still on the machine or some form of advertising on the page (or other pages that were opened).

Are you happy with the current set up of your computer or do you need further help to dig deeper?