Sign in to follow this  
DougE

(SOLVED) Trojan or False Positive?

DougE   

No other anti-malware program I've tried (Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner, or TDSSKiller) detects this.  When I click to clean and reboot, it appears again the next time I scan.  If you need a HijackThis log or anything let me know.  Thank you.  :)

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Faker[desc]

C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINDOWSAPPS\SMEDIOFORTOSHIBA.TOSHIBAMEDIAPLAYERBYSMEDIOTRUELIN_3.0.0.39_X64__679EKB9HP1H62\EONKYOLIBRARY.DLL

Hello DougE,

A VirusTotal link would be very helpful in dealing with this detection (which I'm fairly certain is a false positive). Either that or you can submit it to us through SUPERAntiSpyware itself - simply click the thumbs-up next to the detection to flag it as a false positive and I should be able to find it in the database.

SUPEAntiSpyware Malware Research

DougE   

Hello DougE,

A VirusTotal link would be very helpful in dealing with this detection (which I'm fairly certain is a false positive). Either that or you can submit it to us through SUPERAntiSpyware itself - simply click the thumbs-up next to the detection to flag it as a false positive and I should be able to find it in the database.

SUPEAntiSpyware Malware Research

Here you go: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/a79257a9975c28b2d4f53bf9602327feb7e086a8dcbb85d6bae8a59851b50ee8/analysis/

Thank you for the VirusTotal link. I believe I have found the cause of this false detection. I have updated the definition database, and this file should no longer be detected as of database version 11840 (which should be released within the next couple hours).

Update to database version 11840 and scan again (a restart of SUPERAntiSpyware may be necessary).

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.