Sign in to follow this  
Daveski17

(SOLVED) Registry Trojan False-Positive?

I keep finding this Trojan.Agent/Gen in the registry about 37 seconds into a Quick and/or Critical Point scan on a relative's Toshiba laptop running x86 Vista HP.  I first found it yesterday and SAS is still finding it today. SAS and the database are up to date (11780). I cancelled the scan on both occasions. I also ran MBAM and Panda (quick and full) scans (twice) which claimed the computer was free of malware. I'm pretty convinced it is a false positive.

Is anyone else seeing this? 

Thanks, Dave.

TrojanAgentGen%20SAS1%20-%20Crop1_zps4wd

Hello Daveski,

I think the easiest way to handle this would be to have you submit a false positive through SUPERAntiSpyware itself. Once the scan is complete, click the thumbs-up icon to the right of the detection. Make sure to enter Daveski17 into the comments area to make it easier for us to find.

SAS Malware Research

throkr   

Once the scan is complete, click the thumbs-up icon to the right of the detection.

Hi,

Sorry to jump in like this, but I didn't want to open a new topic just for this "practical" question.

So, I just used the inbuilt FP reporter (for the first time) and also filled in an email address.My question is : when and how will I be informed that the issue is resolved (IOW will I receive some information on the said email address ?)

Thank you !   :)

throkr   

Hi,

Sorry to jump in like this, but I didn't want to open a new topic just for this "practical" question.

So, I just used the inbuilt FP reporter (for the first time) and also filled in an email address.My question is : when and how will I be informed that the issue is resolved (IOW will I receive some information on the said email address ?)

Thank you !   :)

Fixed : definitions have obviously been updated as the submitted file is now considered as clean. And as for my question concerning the (optional) email address, I got it now (it's just there in case some more infos related to the file should be needed ... B)).