utoogigi

Same Threats Keep Showing Up

30 posts in this topic

Hi.  I apologize in advance for not being very tech savvy.  The last week I keep having the same adware cookie threats showing up.  I remove them and rerun the software and they show up again.  I emptied the trash and have run the free version of ccleaner numerous times.

I really don't know what I'm doing, I have paid for the upgraded version of SUPERAntiSpyware for two years now and have never had this problem before.

Can someone help me with this?  You may have to dummy it down for me. 

Thanks so much.

Make sure you close your browser before removing those cookies. You will get cookies everytime you go online. (but they're not really harmful).

Thank you.  I am closing the browser, in fact I run the spyware as soon as l log on before I open anything.  Remove the threats, and immediately run it again and the same threats show up.

Well, I hit continue, and then it says they are all removed.  Then I run it again and they are still there or come back right away.  Always the same ones.

hum, I clicked the pic (both to be sure) says I don't have permission to view the attachment.  I'm not sure what red boxes you mean.

Just to be sure, I rebooted, didn't open any browser, ran the spyware software, got 29 threats to remove.  Removed those, reran right away and had 14 to remove.  I saved the scan logs.

I'm confused.  My computer crashed yesterday (blue screen) and seems to be running slower.  I'm getting a ton of spam too, more than usual.

I'm sorry this is probably something simple that I've done.

There are a few discrepancies there with MSE and some BHO's.

Download adwcleaner select Scan then select Clean

After it has finished it will ask to restart your machine, allow it to do so.

When you are back at the desktop you will have a log for adwcleaner please post it here.

Thank You.

Well, I ran the Emsisoft download, it extracted some files, but a log never came up automatically like the others.  Do I have to pull that from somewhere?  I've looked in my control panel and GS.Enabler is not showing in the list of programs that I can uninstall.  Would it show as something else?

Wait, I see now.  I'm running the Emsisoft, I didn't see it before on my desktop.

I did a search of the GS.Enabler, it doesn't have a program attached to it so I don't thin it is showing up as a program I can remove, even though I can see it is in the Program file.

Sorry, this took a while.  I might have made a mistake, I told it to quarrantine the files.  It says it quarantined 9 files.  There are 13 detected, and everything is off the list but one.  The one that starts with:  HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18.  Hope I didn't screw that up.  Here is the report:

Those quarantined items can be removed.

Now run SAS again whilst offline and checkmark any/all cookies to see if they are showing and being removed.

Thanks for sticking with me!  Ok, offline, I reran SAS, had 71 cookies, most were the same as before.  I removed and reran and got 0!  I opened the IE to look at my email, then ran SAS again and had 18, again mostly the same.  I didn't got to any sites at all except yahoo for my email.  Except, that I'm getting more spam than usual so I have been actively unsubscribing to them, I'm not sure where the are coming from in the first place.  Can hitting unsubscribe and going to the ad's unsubscribe page be putting them back on?  A lot of the ones I am unsubscribing to are the same ones over and over again.

You're always going to get spam in yahoo because its so easy to hack.

First thing you want to do is cange your password for yahoo, then forget about unsubscribing that just makes things worse, simply select the ones that are spam and select spam which will make them all go into your junk/spam folder.

Do you have any other browsers on your computer?

Ok, I see.  I had recently downloaded Chrome because I needed to access a magazine I purchased on zinio.  But that seemed to be around when all the problems got worse so I uninstalled it and zinio.

The only one that I should have is IE.

Open IE and select the Tools option.

Select Internet Options.

Select the Advanced Tab.

Select Reset Internet Explorer Settings

*yours maybe a little different in design, I'm not an IE user so can never remember each version.

Ok, thank you, I will do that.  Still getting the same cookies with SAS, had 71 this morning and 60 now.  I guess if they aren't bothering anyone I'll have to ignore them?  Just bugs me.  lol