alphaa10

SUGGESTED FEATURE-- PROGRESS BAR

alphaa10   

When SAS does its scan, many of us prefer to let it run at maximum speed by dropping all other running applications.

But that creates a problem, since we soon become impatient, and must find little tasks to do while SAS finishes.

After a while, all the waiting makes us wish for a definite time of completion.

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine that unless we know the number of files in the system, or have memorized the time required.

On networks, the problem is multiplied. Familiarity with many machines and their respective configurations is almost impossible.

A direct, easy solution is to feature a progress bar for at least the full-system scans. With a quick glance at the screen, we can estimate how much time remains, and structure our time accordingly.

I support you 100% on this idea, that would be a nice feature as I always sit there waiting to suddenly be surprised that the scan is finished! I wanna know the progress like any security product has in its scan.

We have been discussing this feature for years. The main issue is that the product would have to know how many files are on the drive before scanning. To achieve this, you have to spend resources prior to scanning to enumerate them. There are other options that aren't as accurate and we're still examining them.

LxCi   

Greetings from the GREAT Country of TEXAS,

I too support this feature along with maybe Green of the Icon in the System Tray or/and Status Bar for SAS's scan, small % numbers could be added the need for % sign is superfluous.  As other scanners do using a small revolving circle on the Tray Icon while scan is in operation.

SAS gives a count of total files scanned along with different categories, if scans run daily or often there could be very small changes in this so the % will not change but very small amount.  This could be the reference used if recorded in scan records.  Most people are using WebMail therefore email will have little effect on number of files on their system.  Also if doing a regular cleanup of the system will still make little changes in total count, only a reference is needed as a basic point to start with.