rfharbin

SAS6...Over 3000 files I must approve???

rfharbin   

I do like the new SAS6 but it does seem ridiculous that it does not recognize such popular programs as Macrium Reflect, Tuneup Utilities , Libre Office Geforce  VGA card, Brother stuff. as not being malware and must be approved each and every file singularly. I had to approve many files on some of these programs, like hundreds. 

Can you at least fix SAS so that when installing a program that all the contents of a new folder are OK?

I even had to approve some Microsoft files.

Oh yes, and thank go to SAS_Dave for helping me get SAS 6 working.

Macrium Reflect doesn't get deteced on my system rfharbin, so this is a strange detection if you're the only one. Will be interesting to hear what others have to say about that prog.

Libre Office is a surprise too.

Although I can understand Tuneup Utilities being flagged.

SAS_Dave   

We've added common files to our known good database initially and will be verifying and approving additional files as we receive users votes.  It's not unexpected for there to be a lot of unknown/unverified files within the System Investigator results this early in the release of this new feature.  That's one of the reasons we added the user voting option; so the greater community at large can help us and other users make a judgement call on those unknowns.

Dave whenever I install a new version of SAS Pro why does it detect the same unknown/unverified file and program which I got it to upvote/verify the file which I consider to be safe in a previous version of SAS Pro. For example I upvote/verify a program called WINRAR in version SAS Pro 6.0.1130 when it first detects it. I then update SAS Pro to 6.0.1146 and it detects WINRAR as a unknown/unverified file and again I have to upvote it.

Doesn't SAS Pro puts these sort of files in the known good database files in the new version SAS Pro rather than a user approving and verifying it again by user to upvote it?