finkey

How to detect, reveal and remove Spector360 spyware

Hello finkey,

From what I can gather, Spector360 is a tool that employers can use to monitor their employees' computer activity. If you would like this software removed from your work computer I would suggest you contact your employer directly.

SUPERAntiSpyware Malware Research

finkey   

To contact the employer kind of defeats the purpose.  It would be great to know if your PC is surveilled by Spector360.  To uninstall it is easy, just format the PC.  But then, your employer will know that you know.  Anyway, courts have ruled that the PC and all activity therein belongs to the employer.  It's insidious, however, because it's so well hidden and streams back to their servers eery 4 minutes. 

I sure hate my privacy violated, even if I have nothing to hide.  I thought my suggestion was reasonable, otherwise I wouldn't have asked.  I am surprised to be replied and dismissed like this. ( Maybe *you* should check with your own employer, that is, if you can tell if your PC is surveilled.)

dezign   

I know this is an older post, but here's a reason why someone might at least want to be aware that Spector360 is installed ...  IT guys can break privacy laws through ignorance or even intemtionally ... How British Columbia, Canada district officials intentionally and illegally '"bugged" the Mayor's (and other employees) computers using Spectre360.

http://www.itworldcanada.com/article/how-b-c-district-officials-bugged-their-mayors-computer/373674