Sign in to follow this  
Ashton

'Manage Allowed Items' How does one add allowed items?

Ashton   

I have a certain folder with one file, an application I use frequently.

This file & folder are continually picked up during scans and identified as a Rogue.Installer/Trace, but this folder and file is in my Excluded folders.

As I look at the 'Manage Allowed Items' (now empty) there is a Remove and Remove All, but no Add button.

How are items Added to the Allowed/Trusted Items?

Any advice appreciated.

Folder exclusion should have fixed your issue during a scan...

1.)  Turn off real-time protection temporarily so the files cannot be detected/quarantined. 
2.)  Right click the file in its folder, and select Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware from the context menu.  After the file is detected, proceed to the next steps.
3.)  Add to the Allowed Items list.
4.)  Submit for False Positive Analysis.

DBH   

This doesn't seem to work anymore. I scanned a folder and nothing I did would let me add it to the trusted file list. Right clicking did nothing. No boxes showed allowing me to do this.

This is removing a program I use everyday. It didn't do this before this week. What happened?

Hello DBH,

The first thing I'd like you to do is double-check the Excluded Folders in SUPERAntiSpyware to verify that the folder in question is indeed excluded.

On the main screen click the System Tools button at the top, then click the Advanced Scan Settings button on the left. You should see the Modify Excluded File Locations button on the right.

Is the folder in question listed in the Excluded Folders section? If not, click the Plus in the upper right and add the folder manually.

Let me know if this solves your issue - if not I'll have you submit a customer support ticket and we can take a closer look at what's going on.

Gabe Burch
Primary Malware Researcher
SUPERAntiSpyware