no_inspiration

Free realtime-scanners

Ok then!

(It's actually a good place for criminals... :/ )

Yea unfortunately, but it has so many more potential benefits if used properly.

It worked! So now I have to use this browser to go to the BD-page and try again?

Yep :)

At least it displayed the page this time. (Well, in English, in Dutch there isn't a free version.) It said that TOR couldn't display the file, but still I could click on download? I saved it in my sofware download-folder, but after that nothing happened?

(I chose their own servers to download, because I was afraid on the other websites there would be PUP again.)

At least it displayed the page this time. (Well, in English, in Dutch there isn't a free version.) It said that TOR couldn't display the file, but still I could click on download? I saved it in my sofware download-folder, but after that nothing happened?

(I chose their own servers to download, because I was afraid on the other websites there would be PUP again.)

Did it download the file to your downloads folder?

Had to do it a few times (rebooting system etc.), but it worked! Thanks!

But now I see there's another one called "Windows Defender"? That's another one, right? Confusing... It wanted to do a scan on my computer. I first thought that this was the one. I guess it's automatically on every computer, because it's not on my softwarelist and it's from Windows?

Do I need to make an account on BitDefender ot isn't that necessary?

Had to do it a few times (rebooting system etc.), but it worked! Thanks!

But now I see there's another one called "Windows Defender"? That's another one, right? Confusing... It wanted to do a scan on my computer. I first thought that this was the one. I guess it's automatically on every computer, because it's not on my softwarelist and it's from Windows?

Do I need to make an account on BitDefender ot isn't that necessary?

Firstly that's good news :)

Windows Defender is built in to XP, Vista, 7 as a anti spyware program. In 8, 8.1 it is the new name for MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials). Assuming of course you haven't just downloaded it.

You will need to make an account when you activate the AV, but don't worry you don't need to log in every time as it does it automatically.

I have the impression that this TOR-network goes slower than FF and it uses more CPU, or is it just me?

It could be that way at present. TOR browser is based on FF, it uses the same source code and FF has become more and more bloated over the past year so it wouldn't surprise me, although if you have add-ons installed in TOR this can cause a slow down.

But you don't need to use TOR to often I wouldn't think as it's just so you can get access to sites previously restricted by your ISP.

Ok, this is really annoying. I guess it's doing a complete scan again, and my internet almost freezes and I can't watch videos. I really don't like this and the fact I can't change the settings.

If it wouldn't take long, well ok, but it does!

Well that was just one option there are plenty of others available, you just have to find one that works for you. I dont get this issue you have, but then again i dont watch movies online.

Claw   

If this threads still going, I use Bitdefender Free on my laptop and Panda Free on my low spec desktop and I have no complaints about either one.

Hi Claw,

Threads still going until it needs to be locked. What's Panda like now? In the early days it was a bit flimsy in terms of protection how good is it now assuming you've chucked a few malware samples its way?