Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nikilet

SAS program files have disappeared???

2 posts in this topic

I have all my protection software scheduled to perform regular scans. However, I was going to back everything up to my external today using Macrium Reflect so decided to run all scans (SAS, MBAM and avast!) before I did this. 

I ran MBAM, then started the avast! scan and for some reason I noticed that my SAS icon was not in my taskbar. 

I went to Start/All Programs and when I tried to start the program I got a window stating "Unable to locate SUPERAntiSpyware Program files."

So then I went to Computer/Program Files and opened SUPERAntiSpyware and tried to start if from there and got the same thing. 

I know this program has been running, recently, and I don't have a clue what could have happened here. I am the only one who uses this computer. Can someone please help me ASAP? 

I don't know whether I should re-install, or what!

P.S. I just thought of something else that I've been wondering about. I have SAS Pro on all three of my computers and I've been noticing lately that is takes a long time for it to remove threats after the scan is finished. All I've had showing for a long time are tracking cookies, but is it supposed to take so long for SAS to remove them?

I ran SAS on another computer and it found 62 tracking cookies. That has been over 10 minutes ago and it is still removing these items. I noticed this same thing yesterday on a different computer.

post-7008-0-12206100-1370556035_thumb.jpg

Hello Nikilet,

I went to Start/All Programs and when I tried to start the program I got a window stating "Unable to locate SUPERAntiSpyware Program files."

Please see SUPERAntiSpyware will not run when my computer starts or when I double-click it.

To be sure there are no conflicts between Avast, Mbam or SAS(However rare, it does happen) set these exclusions in Avast, Mbam and SAS

SAS can be set in Preferences>>Scanning Control>>Manage Allowed Items & Manage Excluded Folders