elspeth

A 'green' habit.

elspeth   

Hello folk.

I am genuinely interested in your views on licking your plate clean.

From an enviromental viewpoint it saves food waste/ going to landfill ( if it is not composted which it is in many parts of UK ), saves on water and energy needed to heat water, less soapy stuff in the enviroment, less hassle washing up.

Do you think it is some kind of learned snobbery or possible pride ( of wealth/status) ?

I would appreciate your views.

elspeth   

Hiya  GuiltySpark, been a while  and your video is kaput.

You have your work cut out with all  these advert posters  recently, they  seem to come in waves. ( and  tongues.)

Had a few folk 'Like'  my opening post but no-one ever commented on it. It  is  still  my  habit  to  lick my plates  clean, I  picked  up  the  habit  years  ago  when  camping and visiting various mountain  bothy/bothies.

I  thought that I  would widen the discussion  with the hope of getting a  comment  eventually: I  have  long  thought  how  we  in  the  Developed world  so  easily  adopt  new  norms  and  basically take so  much  for  granted, so  my  idea  is  to  make  people  appreciate W.C.s... water  closets  that  most  of  us  sit  on  daily  and  take  totally  for  granted, so everyone  over the age of sixteen  should  be  made  to  crap  and  piss  into  a  bucket  3 days  out  of  every year although  they  can  be  pampered  those  3  days  by  being  allowed  to  use  toilet  paper. They  of  course  would  also  be  responsible  for  emptying  the  bucket, but  only  at  the  end  of  the  third  day.

Not sure what happened to the video or even what it was exactly so can't replace it.

However, my uptake on the plate thing is..if you wish to do it then do it! It makes no difference to me whether or not someone does I tend not to even think about it (i suppose because I used to have Dogs and Cats).

Personally I don't do it but that's mainly because it's not something / habit I've ever got into.

Yep the spammers seem to have a list with this forum top of it.

I can understand your efforts and they are appreciated, I just can't understand why there isn't more of a community here with members like on so many other forums. A share of ideas among techies and noobs alike helping each other - to help themselves - to help each other or something like that even if people don't agree with each other as long as it's civilized disagreement it would be fine.

Still, Life of a Forum as they say.

Hello folk.

I am genuinely interested in your views on licking your plate clean.

From an enviromental viewpoint it saves food waste/ going to landfill ( if it is not composted which it is in many parts of UK ), saves on water and energy needed to heat water, less soapy stuff in the enviroment, less hassle washing up.

Do you think it is some kind of learned snobbery or possible pride ( of wealth/status) ?

I would appreciate your views.

I don't see a problem myself with it. Let's just hope the person before you wasn't lick cleaning their plate too!

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize how long ago this was posted.

elspeth   

I don't see a problem myself with it. Let's just hope the person before you wasn't lick cleaning their plate too!

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize how long ago this was posted.

I only lick from cLean plates..   you do not expect to get food on a dirty plate, I expect.

As for time, its only relevance as I SEE it, is whether the food is still edible or desirable.