r01woc

NEW AND NOT SURE WHAT TO REMOVE

8 posts in this topic

I'm not computer smart. I ran the scan and it found quite a few things but most of them have ''tool bar'', ''Toshiba'', ''Microsoft'', or ''windows'' in them. Do i delete them ? Allow them ? Can i actually delete some thing my laptop needs ? Can i send the scan to SAS and they tell me what to remove ? Thanks and sorry for all the questions .

R01woc ,

With a little effort you can remove most files your computer needs, however I wouldn't recommend it as you laptop/OS may no longer work.

Why not post the files here and we may be able to help otherwise we have no idea what those files will be.

I tried posting a screen shot but this keeps popping up. Tried reducing size too. Will photobucket work ?

''Error The server returned an error during upload ''

Photobucket should work, I find it better to post a link to the image as embeds are a little confusing on this site.

You can remove all of them.

Startnow toolbar is just a PUP = Potentially Unwanted Program, not necessarily malicious but if not used then by all means get rid of it :)

Very little toolbars are actually needed in a browser.

As for the 8 Tracking Cookies, these are harmless and can be removed also.

In addition, if when you remove the StartNow toolbar from IE and you keep getting redirectd to the StartNow home page, just reset your browsers Home page.