• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kin4SAS

Kin4SAS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

I experienced some of the same problems as others are reporting with freezing, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. But my main concern is after a scan SAS (Free edition) just says it has cleaned, but no longer requires a reboot to completely remove threats. I've been running SAS for a long time and THAT never happened until after this new version. My "threats" are always just Tracking Cookies, but still, always before, it ALWAYS said to reboot. Was that an intended change to the software? Or is that another "bug" that is part of this whole problem of freezing and actually making Internet Explorer unusable, or taking 15 minutes (literally) to load a single webpage. I have the software on two computers with Windows Vista Home Premium and 3 and 4 GB RAM respectively. I could get to a webpage with Firefox, but not with IE9. I finally solved the problem by uninstalling Adobe Flash Player, but it's not really convenient to not have that, but every time I reinstall it, the same thing happens, and this ALL started immediately with the upgrade to 5.5.1016.

#2 GuiltySpark

GuiltySpark

Volunteer Mod

• Moderators
  • 913 posts
  • LocationThe Space Between Two Points

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

IE9 uses a lot of resources in Vista I found, one of the reasons I uninstalled it. Though I never use IE anyway.

If you want to use IE you could try reverting back to IE8, re-installing flash player but changing the settings for flash player in control panel.

Using No Way - As Way, Having No Limitation - As Limitation.

Techstep123                            http://tgigeeks.net/

Anonysome Emporium                                T.I.M

#3 Kin4SAS

Kin4SAS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

Are you saying that my choices are to abandon IE9 and Flash Player, OR have SAS? After probably two years or more of them co-existing peacefully, all of a sudden, they won't work together? I just want to be certain I'm understanding you correctly. Just for reference, I am using IE 9 as we speak, and my CPU resource meter is running between two and nine percent. That doesn't seem like a problem to me. Of course, I do not currently have Flash Player installed.

#4 GuiltySpark

GuiltySpark

Volunteer Mod

• Moderators
  • 913 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

No I'm not suggesting to abandon anything, it's just that on my Vista system I found IE9 to be a problem with cpu going mad when it was running (not necessarily the case with your machine), but I also didn't like the security of the browser.

However if you need IE or are happy using it then there is no reason why you shouldn't carry on.

As for Flash Player, it's a similar scenario if you need it (most of us do) then keep it but you can always adjust the settings in control panel.

As to any other reason why SAS is eating up resources, without knowing what programmes are running on your system at the time it would be difficult to diagnose, more info is needed.

Whatever your choice I'm sure the answer is relatively simple given your computer specs, but as I say more info is needed.

#5 SAS Customer Service

SAS Customer Service

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

SUPERAntiSpyware will no longer require a reboot to remove cookies.
Customer Service
SUPERAntiSpyware
www.superantispyware.com

#6 GuiltySpark

GuiltySpark

Volunteer Mod

• Moderators
  • 913 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

@ SASCS ,

Didn't you try and post that earlier ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users